Hi,
I wanted to ask what's the difference between these 2 ...

Ti-89

Ti-89 Titanium

if the links didn't work, then search for "texas instruments ti-89", u'll find 2 ... "TI-89 Titanium" and "TI-89 Advanced Graphing"

i want to know which should i buy, and is it worth the price difference?

EDIT: Made your links readable. --Jon
your diffrence is the memory

The 89T has more memory, and a USB port, compared to the 89
What they are calling an advanced graphing is just a regular 89, the 68k calcs are capable of advanced graphing out of the box
Thanks, i think i'll go for the Ti version, i hoped to buy HP49+ but with the keyboard problems, i will not stand it Very Happy, i had a TI before (bought in 1978 by my dad), it had the same keyboard problem and i wanted to throw it from the window Smile
true, it is also simialar to the debate of silver or not in the z80s
I'd definitely go with the Titanium. A lot more memory allows for more things to be done. There are a few compatability probelms with a few games, but between the HW3Patch and a few other things you can get most of the old games to work.
The titanium is better if you don't mind a couple of easy shell patches. And welcome to Cemetech!
OK, thanks all for the advice, i'll get the TI as soon as i sell my Casio 9860G.
Speaking of these shell patches, I need some guidance on what software to put on my brand-new 89t. Reccomendations?

[noobgreeting]Welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around![/noobgreeting]
Get PreOS or a compatible shell, any FAT-driven games tend to be 1337, and make sure you use the advanced desktop API.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours