I would like to know how to do CoFactors on TI Nspire CX CAS and the TI 89 Titanium?
tyw7 wrote:
I would like to know how to do CoFactors on TI Nspire CX CAS and the TI 89 Titanium?
Are you talking about finding the cofactor matrix, the adjugate matrix, or something else? Welcome to Cemetech.
CoFactor Matrix.
Here's a program that will add a cofactor() function on the TI-89:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/133/13357.html

You could re-write that program in TI-BASIC for the Nspire as well.
How? That program worked on the TI 89. Any way to do this natively?
tyw7 wrote:
How? That program worked on the TI 89. Any way to do this natively?
Well, considering that someone went through the trouble of making a program to do this, I'd imagine that there's no way to do it natively in one step. If you look at the source for that particular program, it will probably help you understand how you could port it to the Nspire. Unfortunately, the BASIC language on the Nspire isn't exactly like the TI-BASIC language on the TI-89. This might also help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cofactor_%28linear_algebra%29#Matrix_of_cofactors
TI replied and apparently there is already a program installed called "linaalcas." Just type in "linalcas\cofactor([matrix,index1,index2)."
KermMartian wrote:
Unfortunately, the BASIC language on the Nspire isn't exactly like the TI-BASIC language on the TI-89.

The language is the same, it's just missing certain graphical methods. Most mathematical 68k basic programs should work. Maybe if you are running them on a non CAS you could get some problems because the 68k have a CAS.
Jim Bauwens wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Unfortunately, the BASIC language on the Nspire isn't exactly like the TI-BASIC language on the TI-89.

The language is the same, it's just missing certain graphical methods. Most mathematical 68k basic programs should work. Maybe if you are running them on a non CAS you could get some problems because the 68k have a CAS.
That's what I was thinking of, the CAS vs. non-CAS part, but I guess since he has a CAS Nspire it's no problem. Anyway, it sounds like this issue got all worked out, and hopefully the next person looking to calculator cofactors will find it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours