KermMartian wrote:
It means that things that rely on Output() will probably appear only in the first 8 rows and 16 columns, and things that mix Disp and Output() and assume there are 8 rows will be broken. We don't have confirmation on that yet, though.

We'd also have the first problem with Disp programs that don't scroll, since they depend on the old screen dimensions.

Also, any news about an ability to change the thickness of lines?
*bump* It seems we'll be able to draw in colors by hand on the TI-84+CSE, in this screenshot from TI's Facebook page. Hopefully that means the color drawing commands will also be available to BASIC programmers!

Well that looks quite fanceh!
According to TI's comment on that photo,
Quote:

Yes, TI-Basic of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is exactly the same as other models in the TI-84 Plus Family. Not every program may appear the same due to the larger screen resolution though, and some older programs may need to be modified to take advantage of the larger screen.

Edit: But according to this earlier comment by TI, apparently Disp and Output() may still work correctly:
Quote:

The TI-Basic of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is the exact same as other models of the TI-84 Plus Family. However, not every program written for the TI-84 Plus Family may work as expected due to the larger screen resolution. Older programs may need to be modified to take advantage of the larger screen, but if the program does not write to the screen, it should work as expected.

(emphasis mine)

It's not clear if "writing to the screen" includes Disp and Output(). If not, then programs that use those commands will supposedly work fine.
Writing to the screen includes Disp and Output(, as we discussed above. We presume that Output( will now allow higher row and column indices, and of course anything that assumes that Disp can clear the screen or screen the screen based on 8 rows won't work right.
That looks epic. I think we should be able to make very pretty BASIC programs with this thing. DoorsCS will look even epicer!
CalebHansberry wrote:
That looks epic. I think we should be able to make very pretty BASIC programs with this thing. DoorsCS will look even epicer!
As long as it exposes color commands to BASIC programs, I agree, and I can't imagine that's not going to be an option. Doors CS is indeed going to look amazing, but we need to get Kerm time to actually make it. Very Happy
Two things I hope:

1) That those color changes are not just limited to the menus options and the drawing tools and that they can be used in TI-BASIC too

2) That there is not an individual token per color like on the Casio PRIZM. Otherwise, get ready for spaghetti code.
Based on the seminar (results summarized in the frontpage Cemetech news article) it appears that colors can be referenced either by number or by name. This bodes well for non-spaghetti code, if colors are indeed allowed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours