With the way i've been coding matrices, they've been pretty slow.
Both in moving an ASCII character around on the screen, and in displaying the tile-map itself.
I can't type out my code, since I don't have it.
But here's a rough draft.

Code:

Create Matrix [A]
Store Tile-map into [A] (7x7)
For loop that displays the Tile-map
Define an X and Y coord for my character
Getkey stored into K
Key press moves character.

The tile-map appears pretty slow, along with my character moving slow.
I'm not re-displaying the tile-map in my repeat loop, nor am I with my character. I have it to place a " " space when my character moves, then display his new position.
How could I speed up my code? Or ideas that I could use to change data on my screen without having to re-display the tile-map, and a substitute for using multiple :Output(A,B,"________ .

Also, I need some ideas for some things I can do, i'm always doing menu-based things with Basic, or as i'm doing now, tile-mapping.
Even after 2 years of programming, i'm still a noob >_<.
That's where I started. I made minesweeper with that function. Also my first text based basic shell. that was VERY ssllloooowwww. having a mouse pointer and moving text... I still miss my fx-9750GII... just don't be afraid to explore and think outside the box... a good resource is tibasicdev.wikidot.com or something like that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours