In mid-November, we announced Cemetech Contest #9, a competitive programming contest. The theme is "Ports": entrants can either extensively modify a released calculator or computer game/program or port a game concept from calculator to computer or computer to calculator. In all cases, creativity is key: we're looking for programs and games that show thinking outside the box. The contest ends on January 21st, in six days, so be sure to send your entries soon and often! Even if you're still doing final touch-up on your entry, make sure you send in at least something before the deadline.

As with all previous contests, entries must be emailed to one or both of the judges by midnight on January 21st, and must be zipped up with a readme that explains how to install and use your program or game. The readme must also detail any content that you used, and what license or permission that content was used under. On behalf of the judges, we look forward to seeing your entries, and best of luck to all.

From the lack of responses, it seems every one is hard at work on their submissions! Laughing
I am working on it right now, and still don't know if I can finish on-time. It will be interesting...

Oh, what OS version will be used to test the addins? I only have access to one OS version, and since we can't give it to others, I can't verify if the addin will work on other OSes (I am using the latest)
Comic: Tell me about it! Cool
AHelper: It's safe to assume that the Prizm testers will be using the latest OS version.
I want to port SDL Sopwith to TI 83 plus, but Kerm's book hasn't arrived yet! I won't make the deadline, most likely. Can I expect another upcoming contest in which I can submit this game?

~Doctor Bacon
DoctorBacon wrote:
I want to port SDL Sopwith to TI 83 plus, but Kerm's book hasn't arrived yet! I won't make the deadline, most likely. Can I expect another upcoming contest in which I can submit this game?

~Doctor Bacon
I should most likely think so. You should take your time absorbing TI-BASIC lessons anyway rather than trying to rush. We tend to have contests anywhere from every few months to (at the outside) once a year, and you could always make that as a regular project and come up with something else for the next contest, if it won't be for a while.
sounds like what i was thinking for Z80. while a contest would challenge me to go faster, i might/could/definently_would miss some very important parts. like how to substitute a timer for the lack of a clock in the 83+.
Well, my entry is in. It's more of a tech demo than anything, but it's something.
Tari wrote:
Well, my entry is in. It's more of a tech demo than anything, but it's something.
Received! Good luck to you (and all of the other entrants, many of whom are waiting perilously close to the deadline to submit their entries...).
Mine as well, it's also some sort of really unfinished demo, but it's better than nothing.
My entry is suffering from a lack of time. I still need more sprites to complete the AI. I will most likely provide it as a tech demo, just as Tari is doing. I will make it playable for the most part for the first level, but it will be lacking features, mainly due to me not having sprites.
Did you received mine ?
Cartix wrote:
Did you received mine ?
I received yours, although GMail refused to fetch the .rar as a suspicious attachment. I downloaded it manually, so I have everything you sent me.
Ok. Thanks Wink
Tari wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.
I sent my release, and I hope I had the right email address. I couldn't find it quick enough. KermM: You should have gotten it.

My entry sorta lacked info on what the original gameplay was, so I posted it in my topic here
Well, my first release was in months ago, and i've been busy lately and no new versions of LuaZM have come out since, so...
Does someone know when the results of the contest'll be released ?
When they are done grading the entries.
Why is it soo long ?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours