matrefeytontias wrote:
@KermMartian in fact I'm speaking about Jetpack 8x+. It's a port of an iOS game, but I already released it (even if I never released the source to anyone).

Yeah, then no, you can't use it now. Part of the requirement is that the program must never have been released to world before the contest ends, and that includes before the contest begins. Essentially, you have to have little-to-no idea about how it's going to fare against your opponents - and especially with Jetpack 8x+, you already know it will do quite well because it has been featured on ticalc.org.
That's exactly correct. Thanks for the well-phrased response, Compynerd255. Smile Now, if you took that released program and changed it entirely to give it new features and a cool twist, it would be a valid candidate for the contest.
What would happen to ports that have core game code done, just lacking more than a few levels? (Playable, yes)
AHelper wrote:
What would happen to ports that have core game code done, just lacking more than a few levels? (Playable, yes)
They would probably do fine. Smile I would certainly press myself to finish what I could by the deadline, if I were in such a situation.
Are Creative Commons images allowed in contest entries, or does everything have to be original?
I'm going to enter this contest with a modification of old source of the Perdioc Tablea from Vanhoa. But I can't join vanhoa to have his autorisation. May I be allowed to enter the contest ?
AHelper wrote:
Are Creative Commons images allowed in contest entries, or does everything have to be original?
That's acceptable.

Cartix wrote:
I'm going to enter this contest with a modification of old source of the Perdioc Tablea from Vanhoa. But I can't join vanhoa to have his autorisation. May I be allowed to enter the contest ?
Do you mean the one here? If you are modifying it from a calculator add-in to another calculator add-in, make sure that you change it enough to bring a new twist to the original.
KermMartian wrote:
Do you mean the one here?

I mean the one from here

Quote:
If you are modifying it from a calculator add-in to another calculator add-in, make sure that you change it enough to bring a new twist to the original.

Don't worry about it, but my question was : Will I be allowed to enter the contest, even if i can't join Vanhoa ?
Since Vanhoa says in that topic that the source code may be freely re-used by others, as long as proper credit is given, we have no problem. Good luck!
KermMartian wrote:
Since Vanhoa says in that topic that the source code may be freely re-used by others, as long as proper credit is given, we have no problem. Good luck!

Thanks Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours