As for the code example I cannot help to much. Not sure how to program in axe. As for txsiz it was replaced/removed txid+5 and rxid+5 are the same as txsiz and rxsiz would be.
Thanks! Hopefully, I will have a presentable version soon!
geekboy1011 wrote:
As for the code example I cannot help to much. Not sure how to program in axe. As for txsiz it was replaced/removed txid+5 and rxid+5 are the same as txsiz and rxsiz would be.

Why did you remove them, out of curiosity? Is it because too many people had problems with the high bit in the size word?
because the standard way of making a calcnet frame (as I remember learning.) is to write the id followed by the size then set the flag bit so the interrupt can process the frame. I can add it back if needed its just another equate

e87FF -> oRXID
e86F8 -> oTXID

I belive thats Right check the wiki like the docs say.
Setting the flag bit should always be the last thing you do, in case the interrupt fires while you're setting up a frame. You don't want it to send a half-constructed frame!
geekboy1011 wrote:
because the standard way of making a calcnet frame (as I remember learning.) is to write the id followed by the size then set the flag bit so the interrupt can process the frame. I can add it back if needed its just another equate

e87FF -> oRXID
e86F8 -> oTXID

I believe that's right check the wiki like the docs say.

Swap the two and replace "ID" with "SIZ", and you should be right.

BTW, if you plan on increasing the size of the App for DCS 8 and giving yourself more room, do you think we could work have ASM implementations of dynamic memory allocation (just simple ones like malloc(size) and free(pointer))? Pretty much optional, of course, but CALCnet could be made to take advantage of it in order to queue up multiple frames and take up less of saveScreen.
Just a question: Is it possible to do a direct calc-calc connection with USB and the gCn axiom?

I can't do it with AXE's send command, and it's got me frustrated.
pimathbrainiac wrote:
Just a question: Is it possible to do a direct calc-calc connection with USB and the gCn axiom?

As far as I've heard, no. Axe's SEND command only deals with the I/O link port, simply because USB is an entirely different beast. It might work with gCn, but I highly doubt it.
pimathbrainiac wrote:

It's possible with I/O and CALCnet, but CALCnet doesn't do unit-to-unit linking over direct USB. It's something I've considered for future versions, but it sort of defeats the purpose of CALCnet, since it my definition limits the "network" to a pair of calculators.
I remember reading on wikiti you could set/poll the USB data lines manually. Just a thought on that Kerm for local networks. (Supposing i understood the information correctly)
Testing's going to be a pain, then... I only have a USB link cable, and I am only allowed to be on one computer at a time Sad
May i suggest pindurti then its a wonderous emulator with very good linking support

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours