We have recently completed a college math textbook that incorporates many TI-84 programs. Our long-term aim is to translate those programs so that the text can be published as an eBook with links to the programs. If anyone on this forum is interested in joining our team to address this translation problem, please contact me. I suggest that this is a more general problem than just publishing one text. An app that would allow BASIC programming for eBooks would allow a wide range of curriculum development.
You're welcome to use the SourceCoder tool to generate XPI links, which you can put in your book. You can also provide the .8xp files to your readers and point them at SourceCoder, where they can plug in the programs themselves to view the source. I question why you're asking for a new application to serve the purpose of a way to share links to complete TI-BASIC programs, when SourceCoder already offers that feature and many more.

You posted about your book elsewhere on this forum, so while we're on the subject, are you aware of my own nearly-completed TI-83+/84+ programming book due in stores in a few months?
*bump* Turns out that that encoding error popped up again; I was made aware of it by a program that Techboy was unable to send from SourceCoder to jsTIfied properly. Please feel free to test that feature with TI-BASIC programs, especially ones with lots of funky characters and symbols in them.
For some reason, when I click the Reset Calculator button on jsTIfied next to SourceCoder, the SourceCoder text box is cleared (to a single colon) and nothing changes in the emulator.

I'm on Chrome on Windows Vista and emulating a TI-83 Plus.
Does the browser window refresh? Can you please check if any errors are reported in the Javascript console?
Nope, nothing happens as far as I can tell except that the text box is cleared.

There's nothing in the console log except an error having to do with SAX (something about the style property of a null).

Also cleared the cache in case it was an old version of a script, but that didn't help.
All fixed. Thanks for reporting this glitch! After seeing that IES thing, I realized I also need to spiff SourceCoder up a bit and implement the AJAX/API stuff that I have been planning for so long.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours