Our very own staff member Shaun "Merthsoft" McFall has been featured and interviewed on community flagship ticalc.org.

TokenIDE (or Tokens, as some of us call it) is a cross-platform computer program that allows TI-83+/84+ BASIC programmers to write code directly on their computer, and tokenize it into a .8xp. You also have the available option of saving the program as a .txt, which enables you to save comments directly in programs. Tokens also supports various libraries that have been released to the community, such as Celtic III, xLIB, the Doors CS libraries, and Axe. For those libraries, you no longer have to recite commands from memory: you can simply select the command from a drop down menu in Tokens.

If you'd like to read the interview performed by the ticalc.org staff, check it out here.

Download Tokens
TokenIDE

Congrats, that's a well-deserved feature. I didn't even realize it's been around for two and a half years, but now that I think about it I've been using it for a long time Very Happy
A very-well-deserved feature indeed! Congratulations, and great interview. At points I wasn't sure who was interviewing whom. Very Happy
Hmm, never noticed it before. Maybe I'll give it a try; it could be very useful.
The feature was both well-deserved and, frankly, a bit overdue. The project has come along nicely and I look forward to continued developments with the software.
This looks a great resource - thanks to all concerned for their work on this project. Does anyone actually use TI's Connect application ? There is a program editor out there but it is not bundled with TI's downloadable Connect software. (Version 2004.1.28.1047)
ti83head wrote:
This looks a great resource - thanks to all concerned for their work on this project. Does anyone actually use TI's Connect application ? There is a program editor out there but it is not bundled with TI's downloadable Connect software. (Version 2004.1.28.1047)

No, because it won't open up certain .8xp files that contain certain tokens. I actually have it as a downloadable program in my own archives, but it isn't something I use anymore.
Nope, between SourceCoder and Tokens, the TI-GraphLink editor is quite obsolete indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
Nope, between SourceCoder and Tokens, the TI-GraphLink editor is quite obsolete indeed.

I think he means the TI Program Editor that was bundled with certain releases of TI-Connect, and then discontinued. The one that produces .tiprogram files. It STILL remains my favorite on-computer program editor for TI-BASIC, but I think you can't get it for Windows anymore, and it doesn't run on modern OS X versions.

Also, big congratulations to shaun for the feature Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I think he means the TI Program Editor that was bundled with certain releases of TI-Connect, and then discontinued. The one that produces .tiprogram files. It STILL remains my favorite on-computer program editor for TI-BASIC, but I think you can't get it for Windows anymore, and it doesn't run on modern OS X versions.

Also, big congratulations to shaun for the feature Smile

http://tifreakware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&p=961#p961
It's lack in some features, though, such as a sprite editor and AppVar editor.
merthsoft wrote:
It's lack in some features, though, such as a sprite editor and AppVar editor.

This is true, but as far as I know it is still unique in some others. Being able to read and write programs directly to the calculator is a plus Smile

tifreak: nice save. And a quick check on my part shows that the Program Editor still works in OS X 10.7.5, but I definitely recall recently having problems with other aspects of TI Connect X. Not sure now what they were though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours