KermMartian wrote:
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:
I made GlassOS on my 2006 laptop and I still run it. Slow, but it runs.

Maybe you should make a thread for learning C? We could suggest some tutorials and resources to get you started.

Sounds good, I will start a thread probably tomorrow. Smile
Awesome, I (and I'm sure we) look forward to doing what we can to push you along in your C learning.

Tanks, really helpfull forum!

Sorry for my double post!
I wrote a tutorial on getting the sdk set up and similiar help examples. If you want I can copy it into your help thread... since nothing really came of it.
zeldaking wrote:
I wrote a tutorial on getting the sdk set up and similiar help examples. If you want I can copy it into your help thread... since nothing really came of it.

Sounds great! Smile
All tutorials can be founbd here: http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Prizm_Programming_Portal
any progress on CAS plugin? just checking Smile
No progress from me. I am busy with other projects at the moment.
AHelper wrote:

Do you know if anyone is working on a CAS?
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:

I think that AHelper was the only one. He is/was both creating his own CAS, called gCAS, and is/was trying to port a GNU/Linux CAS.
KermMartian wrote:
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:

I think that AHelper was the only one. He is/was both creating his own CAS, called gCAS, and is/was trying to port a GNU/Linux CAS.
The issue is that Uclibc++ is too minimal for giac :-\ It requires a more feature-full vector and cimplex math functions.
I've got some experience with c programming,is there anything I could do to help along with the CAS program to get this moving? I'm by know means an expert but I may be able to do more research and figure out how to fix whatever the hold up is
The current hold-up is the fact that gCAS2 is getting too large. I need to design a bytecode language that gCAS2 can interpret in order to decrease the size of the CAS. Besides that, I need to create the algorithms for integration and differentiation. The sourcecode can be seen at http://glassos.svn.sf.net/viewvc/glassos/trunk/src/gCAS2/. The goal isn't to make a CAS to be on-par with others, it is to make it at or under 16KB using 16KB or under of RAM.
I was thinking of looking at this and seeing what I could do. Is there anything specific you think I should look into AHelper?
ruler501 wrote:
I was thinking of looking at this and seeing what I could do. Is there anything specific you think I should look into AHelper?
I think AHelper would love some help, if you have the time to help him out.
If anyone wants to even dare look at optimizing the parser, you will be a very very brave soul as I don't understand how it works. Yes, I wrote it. Yes, I couldn't understand what it did after a while while writing it. Essentially, it needs to be optimized as it is very large and should be simplified.
I'll be looking into that soon. I'm not too good with character manipulation in C though.
ruler501 wrote:
I'll be looking into that soon. I'm not too good with character manipulation in C though.

How did it go?
Actually, AHelper is (to my knowledge) making a gCAS3 now rather than continuing to improve gCAS2.
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, AHelper is (to my knowledge) making a gCAS3 now rather than continuing to improve gCAS2.

The above is correct. Due to time constraints and me not being able to work on all of my projects at once, this will be worked on again in a bit, I am still throwing around ideas on tackling the evaluation system.
Is gCAS3 going to be available for PRIZM, or is it a separate project?
flyingfisch wrote:
Is gCAS3 going to be available for PRIZM, or is it a separate project?

I am woundering the same thing. It would be nice to not have to start my laptop to use Mathematica if some of the stuff can be done on the Prizm.

Maybe we should start a donation so more devs vill try to get cas on the Prizm? I would pay $20 for a cas on the Prizm. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours