In thought-process stages right now, but I have an idea for an AXE MOBA that uses gCn.

Edit: MOBAs are games such as League of Legends or DotA/DOTA 2

I am beginning an engine for the game now, and will need help (server, beta testers) in the future

So far, in terms of coding, I'm spriting and developing the engine

I decided to post this in Cemetech because it uses gCn, and I think I'll get more help here than in Omnimaga dealing with gCn

I'm using the AXE gCn axiom located at: http://ourl.ca/15186/297739

Questions, helping hands, concerns? Comment below
pimathbrainiac wrote:
In thought-process stages right now, but I have an idea for an AXE MOBA that uses gCn.
Please try to write longer and more content-filled posts here on Cemetech; we value quality over quantity of posts. What's a MOBA? What sort of features would you want your MOBA to have? What will set it apart from competing games (are there any)? What sort of graphics, grayscale or monochrome? Other details? Your progress on your thought-process?
A Multiplayer Online Battle Arena is a Defense of the Ancients/League of Legends/Heroes of Newerth style game. Somewhere in between SC2 and Diablo III in terms of gameplay. They're also called "aRTS" for action-RTS.
Edited the original post to include more detail
Tribal trouble for calcs?
Hey that's my axiom! Tell me if you have any trouble or need help with stuff its definetily a beta program to say the least. So if you need help please ask!!
Dapianokid wrote:
Tribal trouble for calcs?

IDK what that is, but if it's like DotA, then yes.

and Geekboy, on the usage of the axiom, what is the syntax, exactly?
The read me should have it. Specifically, let me finish dinner and I'll edit this post with it afterwords. ^^
geekboy1011 wrote:
The read me should have it specifically let me finish dinner and ill edit this post with it afterwords ^^

Just fns, now syntax...
Ill post it up in a few gotta eat lol
thanks!
do you understand asm at all pimath? (gonna write you some psuedo code with it but I need to know how axe like i have to make it. Only because I am not an axe coder and dont know its syntax well)
No, just axe D:
pimath try http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/shells/modules/CALCNet%20Axiom%20Beta%200.0.4.zip

I updated the readme in that version (I honestly forgot what version was the latest I will be updating the omnimaga thread shortly.
I'm good with Axe if you want help with this. I've also used geekboy's Axiom before, so I can give you a good tutorial.

First, what you should know is that local CALCnet and gCn (globalCALCnet) are indistinguishable from the programmer's point of view. Thus, any documentation that tells you how to use CALCnet will help you with gCn as well. Look at the CALCnet project page for some general use guidelines on how to use CALCnet.

However, I can also give the basic framework here. The Axiom contains the commands that you'll be using, and the Axe library contains the various pointers to special areas in memory. I'll be using "o" for the degree sign for simplicity.
1. First, start CALCnet using "CnOn". At this point, the custom interrupt will be enabled, and your unique calc ID will be stored in oCID. Note also, at this point, that everything between L1 and L1 + 549 is reserved, so you should reallocate your variables elsewhere when you start. You also can't use anything that messes with interrupts, such as getKey (without parentheses, of course), DiagnosticOn / Off, and certainly not fnInt().
2. Take a look at the send and receive (TX and RX, respectively) variables. Both of these memory areas are symmetric, containing a 5-byte space for an ID, a 2-byte space for a size, and a 255-byte space for the data. In each, the lower (first) byte of the size represents the actual size, and if the higher (second) byte of the size has its high bit set (it's >= 128, or RXSIZ >= 32768), it means that there is a live frame in that area.
3. To receive a frame, you should occasionally check for the high bit of RXSIZ to be set. If it is, then you process the frame. oRXID is the pointer to the sending calc's ID (so you can tell who it is and perhaps copy the ID somewhere), and oRXDAT points to the data that was sent. Once you're done with the packet, set RXSIZ to zero so that another frame can come in.
4. To send a frame:
a. First, load the ID of the receiving calc into oTXID. If you load all zeros into here (I'd recommend using Fill()), the calculator will treat that as a broadcast frame, and try to send it to every calculator on the network, BUT there is no guarantee that the frame will make it to all or even any of the calcs on the network. If you load anything else into this field, the calc will try to send the frame to the calc with that ID, and will keep attempting to do so until it succeeds.
b. Then, put the appropriate data into oTXDAT. This is pretty self explanatory, but you should know that this is all the unique data they get - part of this has to mark which frames are which.
c. Next, store the number of bytes you wish to send into TXSIZ.
d. Finally, mark the frame as live by setting the high bit of TXSIZ (ala 128->{oTXSIZ + 1}).
When the frame is done sending, the high bit of TXSIZ will turn off. You can also abandon a frame manually by setting TXSIZ to zero yourself, then using FnOn :Stop to wait for the interrupt and make sure CALCnet gets the message.
5. Finally, when you're done using CALCnet, use CnOff. This will get you back to normal interrupts and unlock all of that space in L1 again.

I can give you more details of what that means for you game, but for now, those are the basics.
Question: can you use both gCn and TiLP on the same computer?

They use two different LibUSB versions
Should work fine with the libusb filter driver...would have to ask someone more knowledgeable tho
Tribal Trouble is an rts heh
then no... Not Tribal Trouble
I know that I am double posting, but there is something I don't understand here:

Compynerd255 wrote:
I'm good with Axe if you want help with this. I've also used geekboy's Axiom before, so I can give you a good tutorial.

First, what you should know is that local CALCnet and gCn (globalCALCnet) are indistinguishable from the programmer's point of view. Thus, any documentation that tells you how to use CALCnet will help you with gCn as well. Look at the CALCnet project page for some general use guidelines on how to use CALCnet.

However, I can also give the basic framework here. The Axiom contains the commands that you'll be using, and the Axe library contains the various pointers to special areas in memory. I'll be using "o" for the degree sign for simplicity.
1. First, start CALCnet using "CnOn". At this point, the custom interrupt will be enabled, and your unique calc ID will be stored in oCID. Note also, at this point, that everything between L1 and L1 + 549 is reserved, so you should reallocate your variables elsewhere when you start. You also can't use anything that messes with interrupts, such as getKey (without parentheses, of course), DiagnosticOn / Off, and certainly not fnInt().
2. Take a look at the send and receive (TX and RX, respectively) variables. Both of these memory areas are symmetric, containing a 5-byte space for an ID, a 2-byte space for a size, and a 255-byte space for the data. In each, the lower (first) byte of the size represents the actual size, and if the higher (second) byte of the size has its high bit set (it's >= 128, or RXSIZ >= 32768), it means that there is a live frame in that area.
3. To receive a frame, you should occasionally check for the high bit of RXSIZ to be set. If it is, then you process the frame. oRXID is the pointer to the sending calc's ID (so you can tell who it is and perhaps copy the ID somewhere), and oRXDAT points to the data that was sent. Once you're done with the packet, set RXSIZ to zero so that another frame can come in.
4. To send a frame:
a. First, load the ID of the receiving calc into oTXID. If you load all zeros into here (I'd recommend using Fill()), the calculator will treat that as a broadcast frame, and try to send it to every calculator on the network, BUT there is no guarantee that the frame will make it to all or even any of the calcs on the network. If you load anything else into this field, the calc will try to send the frame to the calc with that ID, and will keep attempting to do so until it succeeds.
b. Then, put the appropriate data into oTXDAT. This is pretty self explanatory, but you should know that this is all the unique data they get - part of this has to mark which frames are which.
c. Next, store the number of bytes you wish to send into TXSIZ.
d. Finally, mark the frame as live by setting the high bit of TXSIZ (ala 128->{oTXSIZ + 1}).
When the frame is done sending, the high bit of TXSIZ will turn off. You can also abandon a frame manually by setting TXSIZ to zero yourself, then using FnOn :Stop to wait for the interrupt and make sure CALCnet gets the message.
5. Finally, when you're done using CALCnet, use CnOff. This will get you back to normal interrupts and unlock all of that space in L1 again.

I can give you more details of what that means for you game, but for now, those are the basics.

There is no TXSIZ or RXSIZ in the axiom or the library file that I can find. Will you please give me a code example (with the original names of functions instead of the Axiom's functions [CnOn = normalpdf( etc.])

Thanks for helping me understand what I need to do, though

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours