I am currently running an automated font dumper from my Prizm to get characters available to FX-CG[UI]. This is for the large, mini, minimini, and minimini_bold fonts. I am only dumping single-byte characters right now. Those characters are "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789,<.>/?;:'"[{]}\\|=+-_`~!@#$%^&*()";

Here is the link to a zip with the PNGs for each character. If you notice any errors in the images, please let me know. The entire dumping process is automatic.

<edit>

Fun fact, files on the prizm can't contain these letters:
Code:
"*:?\<>|

CHANGELOG

v1.1
:: Added the 'space' character.

v1.0
:: Initial release.
It doesn't use ASCII? Surprised Or are those in arbitrary order?
Quote:
in arbitrary order?
Indeed. I need to save each character specially, now, since the FS is case-insensative.
AHelper wrote:
Fun fact, files on the prizm can't contain these letters:
Code:
"*:?\<>|
Got any further details on that, or speculation on why that is the case? I find that to be a very odd claim.
My justification is that BFile commands couldn't make files with those characters in the filename. Speculation is that it is just complying to the norm on which characters can't be used in FAT filesystems. (We have the name of who made the FS, follow-up looking there could give us a definite answer, but not for me to go digging)
AHelper wrote:
My justification is that BFile commands couldn't make files with those characters in the filename. Speculation is that it is just complying to the norm on which characters can't be used in FAT filesystems. (We have the name of who made the FS, follow-up looking there could give us a definite answer, but not for me to go digging)
Oh, you mean file names can't contain those characters. That makes a lot more sense. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Oh, you mean file names can't contain those characters. That makes a lot more sense. Smile
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't know about directories, but I assume they will be the same. Also, I don't know about the MCS...
Nice. Possibly will be useful to me.

Using the same method is possible dump fx9860 font?
The Test Mode also has some character tests which allow to get even Chinese/Japanese (not sure) chars. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to get the multibyte codes for them from these tests. There's the Chars add-in which can be helpful too.

The filesystem used is the Fugue FAT filesystem and the only restrictions on names (other than the ones imposed by the OS on its default UI - 8 chars, all caps) are the standard: no "*Confused\<>|
gbl08ma wrote:
The Test Mode also has some character tests which allow to get even Chinese/Japanese (not sure) chars.
They should be Chinese since the OS supports that but not Japanese. (However, Japanese does use Chinese characters, so they can technically be both.)
gbl08ma wrote:
The Test Mode also has some character tests which allow to get even Chinese/Japanese (not sure) chars. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to get the multibyte codes for them from these tests. There's the Chars add-in which can be helpful too.

Is possible in font tests Smile
I'm not sure the reference shown at the bottom is the multibyte code, but probably it is. Now that I'm looking at the chars again, they look like Chinese (literally Smile ).
Bump. See changelog in OP for latest 1.1 release.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours