Hello,

Notes:
* we've tried to register to Omnimaga, but it does not seem to work. Therefore, we're posting on another English-speaking message board related to TI calculators (the Nspire isn't much liked here, but it might get less disliked with this);
* attaching files to posts doesn't seem to be possible here, you can download the attachment from http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11014

Here's our latest creation for Clickpad (and hopefully Touchpad) calculators equipped with boot2 1.4. We're posting it here because we know this is a place interested in low-level development.

nLaunch provides the following features:
* launching Linux (modified nspire-linux-loader2)
* optionally installing Ndless 3.1 on OS 3.1 (modified Ndless loader)
* installing and launching any OS

nLaunch also comes with BuildOS, which allows you to craft OS Updates such as optimised official OSes or the modified nspire-linux-loader2.

We hope you'll enjoy nLaunch as much as we enjoyed making it Smile

nLaunch team.
Indeed you cannot post attachments but we do have a robust, centralized program directory with better intergration with jsTIfied, an online TI emulator, coming soon.

However, I just realised, this is for the nSpire which jsTIfied doesn't support.

But upload it anyways! Smile
I saw the news post on Omnimaga, this is amazing.
So you can install any official OS on any Nspire calculator? It seems to me that that implies something about CAS and non-CAS calculators that Texas Instruments is sure to be very unhappy with. I assume that you guys considered this before you released this tool?
KermMartian wrote:
So you can install any official OS on any Nspire calculator? It seems to me that that implies something about CAS and non-CAS calculators that Texas Instruments is sure to be very unhappy with. I assume that you guys considered this before you released this tool?

Yeah, I see this as bad idea for trying to not make TI any more unhappy.
That's my thought as well. Or perhaps more motivation for TI to abandon the non-CAS Nspire and focus on the TI-84+CSE, I'm not sure which. It seems a little rash to me, to be honest, but my opinion is flavored by my recent (and soon-to-be-elaborated) teamwork with TI.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours