So I was busy with college stuff so I couldn't make much progress on mcpixel '^'

So I decided to switch to something easier and shorter - Illusiat 11, one of DJ_Omnimaga's pure TI-Basic rpg games.

I'm about 70% done with the new battle engine (even thought it doesn't look like it in the screenshot, since screenshot only contains some sprite tests)

Platform is for TI-83+/84+, and the language is Grammer.
Sorry to hear that you had to abandon your previous project, and I hope that you'll be able to pick it up at some point in the future. This one sounds interesting; what will come next after the battle engine?
Well, next goes the tilemapping, but Grammer already has a nice tilemapping built into it. Most of the time I'll be spending on this project will be making sprites since the original was pure TI-BASIC and used ASCIIs. After tilemapping, I'll start adding events and I should be able to finish it before the deadline.
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
something easier and shorter - Illusiat 11

Shock

That said, it looks very nice so far. Will you add battle backgrounds? Also how will be the map format? Will it remain flat like the original game or will there be some work done to make it look more 3D-esque like FF games rather than Dragon Warrior? Maybe something like Zelda would be nice, with dynamic tiles, so it doesn't look too bland in large dungeons.

Also what would be nice is if you replaced menu-based areas (such as where you choose where to go and towns) with small maps to connect each areas, even if villages are kept simple like in ROL1/2.

Good luck (especially considering the game has about 15-20 hours of gameplay)!
I'm planning to resprite the maps and possibly modifying some of the maps. Also for menu-based town, I have an idea in my mind will take care of it. Wink
Ok cool to hear. Smile Will there be heavy changes though? That might be a lot of work lol for the limited time frame. Also if there are maps with hidden paths (like a small entrance on the very edge of the map) it might be good to preserve them, although I guess it won't be possible if you add scrolling. Razz
The map will scroll.

For the program structure, it'll be one huge program (hopefully around 14-15k) with 5-6 appvars (hopefully around 8k)

For the progress, the physical damage calculation somewhat works, and battle menu is almost done. Expect a screenshot around Friday! Smile
I won't be able to post screenshot this afternoon, so I might as well as post it now. Very Happy

summarizing the progress so far
-battle menu works
-physical attack works
-most of the damage formulas are implemented, but not just used yet.
Good job, keep working hard! I'm glad to see that this, along with many of the other contest entries, look like they'll be completed in time for the deadline. I'm very impressed with the scope of the entries I've seen so far, as well.
Very nice indeed. I hope you can make the magic animations remain to the original's standards.
well I have 10 days left!
Battle engine is now done except for some graphics.
Now I'll try to cram in the maps and storyline before deadline!
Map routines and scrollings are done now!

Expect another screenshot tomorrow!
Nice to hear more progress. Do you think you'll be able to get Chapter 1 and magic completed for the deadline or more? Smile
if I work hard enough I think I can fit in till chapter 3.
It seems like I won't make the deadline due to the technical problems regarding my calc and grammer. I will still try to submit demo before deadline but I doubt it.
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
It seems like I won't make the deadline due to the technical problems regarding my calc and grammer. I will still try to submit demo before deadline but I doubt it.
Good luck, I hope you do. I should mention that the only calculator entry I have received thus far is an Nspire entry. In fact, because there was some confusion about which day the contest ends (which seems to happen every contest), I may extend it to end in 23.5 hours.
Yeah I remember during the Axe Parser portion of the 2010 Omnimaga contest when Nitacku submitted his entry at 12 hours late, because he thought that 12 AM was noon time and 12 PM midnight. In other occasions people kept being confused with timezones >.<

Good luck Yeong and others!
KermM, you should have a count-down on the homepage that is specific to each profile's timezone. That way, everyone who is a member and logged in will know exactly when the deadline is and will be reminded about it on the homepage.
AHelper wrote:
KermM, you should have a count-down on the homepage that is specific to each profile's timezone. That way, everyone who is a member and logged in will know exactly when the deadline is and will be reminded about it on the homepage.
I figured that 12AM ET on 1/21/2013 would be specific enough, since our members are smart enough to write programs. The only possible ambiguity that I see is whether midnight on 1/21/2013 is the first or last minute of the day in question.
It seems like I still won't be able to make it into contest. Only if I had more time to use computer, I would've done it though. Oh well, at least I tried. Razz However, do expect a demo around next week though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours