Well this was just a quick hax to see what it might look like. If i was to implemented lighting i would most likely do 1 light per scene, although 1 light per model would be possible too.

Here is a better screenshot of whats going on (i hope):

EDIT - I also added polygon clipping (2D only which means that any polygons that have a vertex behind the near plane (z=0) will be culled and not clipped as demonstrated in this screenie:), fixed back-face culling (well mostly) and sped up the engine a *little*:

wow....this...is...perfect.

Please post your revisions?
I just have to fix a couple more things then ill release an update if you like Smile.
PLEASE!! Smile this is everytihng I've ever wanted in a program, not really but still

Oh, and in it, please include a little bit more examples. I'm learning about waveform now cus of u Smile

I'm going to have to have a look at the source. I want to remap some keys, and I am wondering if I might be able to increase maximum poly count. I want like SA2B quality Sonic TH. haha
I would really like to see a graphical model editor with this program, if its possible.

Like an Art of Illusion-style thing.

[link]http://www.artofillusion.org/[/link]
Changelog so far:
- fixed polygon tearing issue
- added polygon clipping
- sped up sorting
- sped up transform operations
- updated obj converter to allow for 'double-sided' polygons

Ive also messed with the engine a little, here is a test of 9 x-wings (14 faces, 18 vertices) floating around in 'space'.

Looks absolutely fantastic!

Is there any final goal you have for this project?
Well i might see if i can make a mini space sim or something.
Do you think you could ship with an Arwing model of some sort? Smile
Update to space-sim mini test:

post new version for downloadz? Smile
Death-Star trench run?
elf that would be ridiculously slow.
An update to this needs to be done when 84C comes out Smile
Dapianokid wrote:

I'd think that if 9 or so X-Wings can render this fast, that 10 triangles for the sides of the trench and the top of the surface, and maybe one or two tie fighters/turrets would be in the realm of possibility.
Ashbad wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:

I'd think that if 9 or so X-Wings can render this fast, that 10 triangles for the sides of the trench and the top of the surface, and maybe one or two tie fighters/turrets would be in the realm of possibility.

I think that you have a fair point, especially with such range between poly, so I suppose that we could have even higher qulaity. Is there a delay set for low poly models that sets a max zoom speed?
I guess a death-star trench run may be possible, in some capacity.
tr1p1ea wrote:
That's a great idea! I think that could be a very fun game.
I imagine the issue is not so much the number of polygons but the fill rate and clipping of large polygons (as would be required for objects that make up the world rather than models inside this world). I suppose you could do something hacky and specific for the trench background (to make it as fast as possible) and then draw objects over the top of this (for turrets and enemy fighters) - could be a fun project, either way!
tr1p1ea wrote:

This makes me a very happy camper Smile
This whole idea is kind of amazing, and now it seems realized and possible.
Lez do itt Smile
I still wait for updated SFVIEW, but this could be a fun game

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours