I can see both.
im wondering if it's just the browser they are using. the Windows Embedded has IE7(ugh) and i cant see half of what images you(the community) post.
Hi,

TI gave me some new, very HQ images :

(Sorry I can't actually embed the thumbnails directly from tiplanet's gallery, for some reason....)
On the gallery page, click on the image itself to open the very high quality image Wink

And. .. we can see there are even [at least] pink and blue-colored 84+CSE Smile

Source : http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10917
Thanks for sharing, Adriweb. I can't say these show anything particularly new from these images, although it's certainly nice to have more pictures. They also appear to confirm that interchangeable faceplates for the existing TI-84+SE models will continue to work. Sadly, it looks like they don't reveal any new simulated or real images of the operating system.
I am so getting a pink one of these as soon as I can.
merthsoft wrote:
I am so getting a pink one of these as soon as I can.

Pink is the new black Razz
You can have it in any color you want so long as…
if the old faceplates work, then maybe you should miss-match the blue with an orange faceplate, from the old TI84s.
LuxenD wrote:
if the old faceplates work, then maybe you should miss-match the blue with an orange faceplate, from the old TI84s.
But then it will just be an orange calculator. I don't think I understand your point.

I'm very curious about the ASM on this calculator now, especially since one of our student testers reported that the hex code calc84maniac designed to check if this is a z80, ez80, or emulated z80 produced nonsensical results.
Nonsensical? what was it's output?

what was it supposed to do?
To quote the gentleman, Vijfhoek:
Quote:
[13:55:46] <Vijfhoek> I ran it, and then it started spamming random characters to the screen for like 10-15 seconds
[13:56:04] <Vijfhoek> and then it went on being a calculator
[13:57:22] <Vijfhoek> no ram clears and such
[13:58:40] <+KermM> Were the characters all in one place?
[13:58:47] <+KermM> Or did they scroll across and down?
[13:59:01] <Vijfhoek> across and down, but a bit in a random way
[13:59:07] <+KermM> fair enough, thanks
[13:59:20] <Vijfhoek> it was like mathprint at some points
[13:59:41] <+KermM> How very strange!
[13:59:53] <Vijfhoek> like, scrolling horizontally
[14:00:09] <Vijfhoek> it only covered like the bottom half
[14:00:46] <Vijfhoek> I think its a bcall problem
how would you check if it's a Z80 or eZ80?
are the languages that similar that you could run Z80 code on a eZ80?
The z80 is byte-compatible with the ez80. However, some instructions on the z80 that are entirely useless that you would thus never see in real code (like "ld d,d") are co-opted to trigger special ez80-only modes. You can differentiate them that way.
calcdude84se wrote:
The z80 is byte-compatible with the ez80. However, some instructions on the z80 that are entirely useless that you would thus never see in real code (like "ld d,d") are co-opted to trigger special ez80-only modes. You can differentiate them that way.
That was the hope, and that the Bcall named DispHL would still be in the same location. Unfortunately, this seems not to be the case, based on Vijfhoek's results.
so, did TI grow up and give us an eZ80 to work with?
GinDiamond wrote:
so, did TI grow up and give us an eZ80 to work with?
We still don't know, nor do we have any particularly good ways of checking until TI's emulator software and/or the actual TI-84+CSE is available to the public or people not under NDA.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours