What classes will everyone be taking in the spring 2013 semester (or associated trimesters or quarters, if that's what your school uses)?

I'm taking the following:
Oral Communication (don't like)
Computer Aided Design/Drafting (needed for pre req)
Texturing and Lighting 1 (for game design)
Native american studies (pre req to take CAD, not sure why)

hurray!
..hurray?

(perhaps let's turn this into a "What classes are people thinking about taking next semester in their schools?" thread?)
Ashbad wrote:
..hurray?

(perhaps let's turn this into a "What classes are people thinking about taking next semester in their schools?" thread?)

It is now! Go!
I'm doing my PhD, and since I'm done with all of my required course work, I will be continuing my research on high-performance distributed computing and storage. I need to present my thesis proposal at the end of the spring semester, so I'll be preparing for that. I also hope to be the TA for my adviser's Computing Organization class (a low-level ASM, C, and reverse-engineering course).
I'm winding up my undergraduate career, so there will be a lot of technical work this coming semester:
  • Systems Programming (CS3411)
  • Hardware/Software System Integration (EE3173)
  • Embedding Systems Programming (EE4735)
  • Technology Commercialization (ENT3963)
  • Enterprise project work (capstone design project)
I don't expect it to be terribly difficult though, since much of what I expect to be in the curriculum for these courses is stuff I'm already familiar with.

Just "for funsies", I've also got some PE classes: Broomball and Intermediate Snowboarding.
My course load for the next semester is:
-Graph Theory
-Artificial Intelligence
-Compuer Graphics
-Seminar in Computer Science

After the next semester, I will only have two classes and an internship to complete in order for me to graduate.
I'm done with my computer science major, so next semester I'll just be finishing up some general requirements, and my math and physics majors.

Seminar in Mathematics
Seminar in Physics
Advanced Lab (Physics)
Abstract Algebra (Independent Study)
Second Semester German
Intro to Human Geography.
Tari wrote:
Just "for funsies", I've also got some PE classes: Broomball...

Broomball sounds fun.

elfprince13 wrote:

Is that like, a politically correct term for something more obscene?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Tari wrote:
Broomball sounds fun.
It is, though it tends towards the bruising side of things. There's usually a fair amount of strategic falling involved (at least as I play it).

(I'm the one sprawled on the ice here.)
comicIDIOT wrote:
Tari wrote:

Broomball sounds fun.

elfprince13 wrote:

Is that like, a politically correct term for something more obscene?

Not as far as I'm aware? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_geography
Okay, good ;P

Tari wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Tari wrote:
Broomball sounds fun.
It is, though it tends towards the bruising side of things. There's usually a fair amount of strategic falling involved (at least as I play it).

Oh, it's like Lacrosse on ice then?
I'm scheduled to take
- Natural Language Processing
- Communication Design Fundamentals
- Designing Human Centered Software
and continue with research.
I'm taking all year-long courses, so there aren't any real changes in my schedule; I was thinking of dropping precalc, but I decided to stick it out since we're almost out of the trigonometry and about to get into the much easier calculus part.
Like Ashbad I'm in all yearlong courses so nothing is changing for me. I will be taking:
9th grade level English/History
AP Physics C
AP Calculus BC
Introduction to Engineering Design
Band
Swimming

High school schedules are so much less interesting
While I am not a student, I am planning on finding, signing up for, and taking a sign language class in my area.
merthsoft wrote:
While I am not a student, I am planning on finding, signing up for, and taking a sign language class in my area.
Good Idea

(That's as much sign language as I know, sadly.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours