I uploaded MATH200X, a working program, and did a syntax check. SourceCoder came up with 8 syntax errors on line 90-something. I can't find those lines because there are no line numbers in the editor, but I know the program is working because I tested it thoroughly before uploading it.

MATH200X requires MATH200Z as subprogram. Both are in my projects area, and have read/edit permission for anyone.
Hmm. There's an additional problem that I was going to report, but I can't reproduce it because of a third problem. (This isn't my day.)

The additional problem *was*: When I did Export .8xp and put the program to my calculator, an error was introduced in the program, unrelated to the spurious syntax error. I now get a syntax error from the TI-84 SE for the line
Text(50,68,"r=",round(r,4))
and the cursor is at the comma between r and 4.

But the third problem is that now I can't even do Export .8xp. When I try it, the 8 spurious syntax errors just pop up again and no download is sent to my browser.
Please try not to double-post, Stan; if it's within 24 hours from your last post, edit your post instead. It sounds like you have a token in your program that SourceCoder does not recognize. Do you have any sort of funky symbols?
I have lower-case text, which should be fine, and lots of TI-84 variable names, which should also be fine.

Can you say more about what you mean by "funky symbols"?
Stan in Dryden wrote:
I have lower-case text, which should be fine, and lots of TI-84 variable names, which should also be fine.

Can you say more about what you mean by "funky symbols"?
Things that might be specific to the MathPrint operating systems, for example. Can you post the XPI link to the project so that I can check it out in SourceCoder? You can get the link next to Share: for the file in the SourceCoder index.
Thanks for the reply, Kerm. I didn't post the link because I figured you could get it from my login; sorry.

MATH200X (spurious syntax errors): http://sc.cemetech.net/?xpi=c4ff0270d7152c6ad2c6ac037481a7b9

MATH200Z (required to run MATH200X): http://sc.cemetech.net/?xpi=ca5c3f563362baa115d66d2a68e7a3dc

I have upgraded my calculator's OS to the MathPrint version, but I'm not using any of the new features in the program because I have to be compatible with students who have 83+.

The "About" screen shows:

TI-84Plus Silver Edition
2.55MP
Prod #: 0A-3-02-37
ID: 0A37B-B0979-5856
Stan, I'm afraid I'm unable to replicate the issue. When I click Edit, then Check Syntax, then Export .8xp from both of those links, everything works as it should for me. If the issues remain, feel free to email me the original .8xp files.
It's not just you, Kerm, I couldn't replicate the errors either. The only thing I can think that could be an issue is the [CHI] character, but I have a feeling that can't be the problem.
I managed to replicate this problem with the .8xp that Stan sent me, but I initially had something like 540 errors, and every space was a <?> symbol in Firefox. When I just tested it now, I got the same 8 errors that Stan reported, all of which appear to be related to t1 and t2. On even further investigation, the problem is phat1 and phat2, a la:
Code:
:Lbl 77:If X=1:Then:Input "[phat]:",P:Else:Input "[phat[size=8]1[/size]]:",P:End
:If P≤0 or P≥1:Then:Disp "  must be >0,<1":Goto 77:End
:If X=1:Then:0→Q:Goto 79:End
:Lbl 78:Input "[phat[size=8]2[/size]]:",Q:If Q≤0 or Q≥1:Then:Disp "  must be >0,<1":Goto 78:End
I'll edit this post if I can find a fix.

Edit: I have repaired this. SourceCoder thought the maximum possible token length was 41, and the code for phat1 and phat2 is actually 45 characters (which is quite cumbersome); I should find a fix.
Yep, it looks like it's fixed. Thanks, Kerm!
Stan in Dryden wrote:
Yep, it looks like it's fixed. Thanks, Kerm!
No problem, glad to hear that it's fixed. Don't hesitate to let me know if you encounter any other glitches.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours