A two-bit image with 4 colors, at 19.2KB, is the only thing that could fit in RAM. Unless they magically upgraded to a 256KB RAM chip despite what that Dutch screenshot showed.
I'm pretty sure they're either drawing straight from Flash, or loading it into one of the extra RAM pages first.
ooh! they have that 21000 showed, but another ram chip was stuffed inside and can only be accessed by tios routines?
You can page RAM in and out on the 84+ models using assembly language.
I'm going to pretend that they also plan on upgrading the RAM, though. That little ram feels so archaic at this point that I really don't want to think they wouldn't at least double it... That's all just wishful thinking though, of course.

Might be cool if they do it with pages, though. Stuff an image on a page and it becomes the background image or something.
maybe they are saving that upgrade for later, cause they wouldnt know how else they could make it better and still get money off of it.
I'm thinking they really have to have some sort of "video ram" to handle images. I do agree that 22kb of ram is tiny regardless though. Hopefully they will upgrade the ram size before release.
Art_of_camelot wrote:
I'm thinking they really have to have some sort of "video ram" to handle images. I do agree that 22kb of ram is tiny regardless though. Hopefully they will upgrade the ram size before release.
I hope so, but it looks rather unlikely at this point. No details about the new programming commands and tokens are available yet, although inquiries have been made in that direction.
Some new photos :

( Source : http://www.1800calculators.com/TI-84%20Plus%20C%20Silver%20Edition%20Color%20Graphing%20Calculator )

and

( Source : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DcHHss-N9HkJ:www.copcoinc.com/ti-nspire-cx-touchpad-ti-84-family/+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk )

Looks like some stores are setting up the pages and some of them put them publicly (at least temporarily on some)
I like that it looks like that top bar can be a color other than that obnoxious blue. That screenshot looks quite classy indeed, and that almost appears to be the first official non-rendering image from TI.
Splitscreen is no longer centered?
its pretty close, though. like Kerm mentioned, the ability to change the color of that ugly top bar is nice. i wonder if it is removable through assembly?
LuxenD wrote:
its pretty close, though. like Kerm mentioned, the ability to change the color of that ugly top bar is nice. i wonder if it is removable through assembly?
Presumably you can do whatever you want in assembly, as usual. Smile I think the unbalanced splitscreen actually makes a lot of sense, since the higher resolution means the text can be smaller.
I can't access either of the photos. Could someone upload them to a more sensible host (like imgur or something) and post them?
oops, i was thinking multiple things at once: i meant to put down "I wonder if you could change that under Mode." even if it just leaves an annoying blank space up there.

on a slightly unrelated topic that is just pointless, i want to put the old font, in its current resolution, on the new calc.
I seriously doubt they would let you remove the bar, since (as you say) it would leave a blank space at the top. I wouldn't be surprised if one of us comes up with something clever to overwrite that space with, like a getKey hook that converts that to a clock or something.
a perfectly better use for that space, i agree.
For shaun, here's a rehosted version of the only image I can see, which you can also find on our TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition page:

Ah, I see, thanks. Is that what we're talking about as far as split screen goes? I wonder how horizontal looks.

That's the picture I see, slightly more straight on than what Kerm posted. /me shrugs

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours