With Kerm's permission, I am offering DCS7 Christmas tree ornaments for sale this Christmas season! They are labor-intensive, reasonably sturdy, and made of oak. If you would like one, post as much here, PM me, or email me! I am asking $20, and it is mildly negotiable. More pics will follow.
I can confirm that Caleb's craftsmanship is beautiful, and I highly recommend this for all the Doors CS enthusiasts in your life. Smile
Do you do any other designs?
Well, I made a Cemetech one, pictures will come. Otherwise, I would take suggestions!
The 'Brick'

How hard do you think it would be/How much would it be to create a design of the 'brick' on the left, possibly with shading for the top studs and possibly 'TOB' etched or painted on the bottom half of the brick?

Might I add, your DCS7 Ornament looks good Smile
Lucas W wrote:
The 'Brick'

How hard do you think it would be/How much would it be to create a design of the 'brick' on the left, possibly with shading for the top studs and possibly 'TOB' etched or painted on the bottom half of the brick?

Well, I would estimate I could do it for the same price, $20. Somewhat depends on how interested you are? At any rate, that would be really weird, making a 2D 3D object. Confused . Perhaps it could be made with the block sides up, the top studs up, and the block top down? Then it could have the letters "TOB" inset.

Might I add, thanks! and I need someone to buy one so I can do Christmas shopping. Very Happy
Why not do a jStified one?
I will make it clear: I will not actually make any signs that do not have a buyer. So I can only actually work on suggestions from people who would buy a given design if it was made.

[EDIT] What and where is a jsTIfied logo?

I can make any object that, like the DCS7 logo, has two flat layers; but the DCS7 logo just particularly inspired me.
Lucas W wrote:
The 'Brick'

http://www.theorangeblock.org/ wrote:
Access Denied
The owner of this website (www.theorangeblock.org) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/templates/rhuk_milkyway/images/tob_logo.png). (Ref. 1011)

Upload the image elsewhere?
CalebHansberry wrote:

[EDIT] What and where is a jsTIfied logo?

Like, do the word jsTIfied in a cemetech logo style (the rounded letters)
AHelper wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
The 'Brick'

http://www.theorangeblock.org/ wrote:
Access Denied
The owner of this website (www.theorangeblock.org) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/templates/rhuk_milkyway/images/tob_logo.png). (Ref. 1011)

Upload the image elsewhere?

It's not hard to view that image; if all else fails just visit http://www.theorangeblock.org/templates/rhuk_milkyway/images/tob_logo.png as a webpage (by pasting it into the address bar). At least that works in Firefox.

GinDiamond wrote:
Like, do the word jsTIfied in a cemetech logo style (the rounded letters)

Well, only if you would like to buy something like that and it had two layers.[/quote]
They're awesome! Caleb, are they hand carved?
awesome! post the dimensions, i might get one!
I would like one! PM your address and I'll send you a check, my address will be on that.
I was bored at work and made up a 3D mock up of an ornament in Solidworks if someone has a 3D printer or woodworking CNC and wanted to make one.

[click for full size]

If someone wants the model in a .step file or similar just let me know via PM and I can email it to you.
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
They're awesome! Caleb, are they hand carved?

Yes, they are! But with power tools. A router to be exact, they are fairly arduous to make; I should note here that I actually seriously injured my thumb making the Cemetech one!

LuxenD wrote:
awesome! post the dimensions, i might get one!

Thank you, and the dimensions are 3/4 inch thick, about 4 inches square.

TheStorm wrote:
I was bored at work and made up a 3D mock up of an ornament in Solidworks if someone has a 3D printer or woodworking CNC and wanted to make one.

[click for full size]

If someone wants the model in a .step file or similar just let me know via PM and I can email it to you.

Alas, the day of my doom has come. I cannot compete with a machine nor afford one. If anyone wishes to make one with some type of 3D-wood-printer, it will be a lot cheaper than anything I can do.

merthsoft wrote:
I would like one! PM your address and I'll send you a check, my address will be on that.

That is wonderful! Might you want to rethink your answer, however, if you could have one made cheap by a machine?
CalebHansberry wrote:

TheStorm wrote:

[click for full size]

Alas, the day of my doom has come. I cannot compete with a machine nor afford one. If anyone wishes to make one with some type of 3D-wood-printer, it will be a lot cheaper than anything I can do.

Note it would still require some touch up sanding and a paint job. I doubt it'll gouge much into your customer base. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
Note it would still require some touch up sanding and a paint job. I doubt it'll gouge much into your customer base. Razz

Yeah, mah huge customer base Razz
I don't think anyone around here has such a machine, and I like hand-made things, so I'm still down.
merthsoft wrote:
I don't think anyone around here has such a machine, and I like hand-made things, so I'm still down.
I know chronomex used to work at a Hackerspace with a 3D printer and most medium to large cities will have something similar if you look hard enough.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours