Okay, I was given a source code to retype into an 83+ but I can't find one of the things. I need "iPart" I found "iPart(" but I can't find it without the "(". Does this even exist, or was it a typo in the paper I'm retyping?
Probably a typo.
Ah, I figured. But now a second question... What does iPart do/mean?
Strips any decimal away. int( puts it to the next lowest integer. (they do differenet things when the number is negative).
You probably have source code to an 82 game, I believe alot of the commands for it does not have ( on the end like the 83 line...
foamy - if you're unsure, just get the original .83p or .8xp file and run it through SourceCoder2:
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php
ipart is used for complex numbers, the imaginary part mostly
Incorrect. ipart and fpart are for reals to get the int and frac parts respectively. real and imag get the real and imag parts.
Also not entirely correct:

Kerm Martin wrote:
part and fpart are for reals

They can be used on imaginary numbers as well. Try fpart(3.5i I bet you will get .5i (assuming your in a+bi mode Smile).
Ah, fair enough. So it took 3 of us to get it completely. Smile
rivereye wrote:
ipart is used for complex numbers, the imaginary part mostly

That would be imag(
....as I stated above. Smile Let me restate all this:

iPart( : Integer part of ANY number
fPart( : Fractional part of ANY number
real( : The real part of an imaginary number
imag( : The imaginary part of an imaginary number
sorry, got me commands sccrewed up, a lot easier to keep them staight when you have a calc in the vicinity
rivereye wrote:
sorry, got me commands sccrewed up, a lot easier to keep them staight when you have a calc in the vicinity

Smile Perfectly understandable, happens to the best of us.
Where's foamy? Confused We gave him all this great Graphing Calculator advice and he leaves here to die on the street!
maybe cause it worked and he has no further use of us Laughing
Sorry, I wasn't able to get on for a while. (I work too much...)

And I talked to my comp sci teacher about it, and you guys were right. It was a source code for an 82. I got it working with the iPart(, so I rewrote her source codes for her.

And thanks for explaining what it was. I was confused on why the program didn't just use int(.

Thanks again!
-foamy
foamy3 wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't able to get on for a while. (I work too much...)

And I talked to my comp sci teacher about it, and you guys were right. It was a source code for an 82. I got it working with the iPart(, so I rewrote her source codes for her.

And thanks for explaining what it was. I was confused on why the program didn't just use int(.

Thanks again!
-foamy

woot! I love when we succeed. Smile