KermMartian wrote:
*bump* And die off until next year it did. Happy Thanksgiving 2011, everyone! What's everyone doing? Friends and family? Significant other? Dinner, parade, overeating? Huzzah!

Munchkin cards!
Program, eat turkey for a bit, program. My life summed up for this week.
Program, eat yummy food (like green jello <3), make a hundred dollars (I hope), and sleep like a rock. Of course, you can't forget the loud music that comes with programming Very Happy

Edit: Also, yay for my topic getting revived! Very Happy
Castlevania, Program, eat cranberry sauce and sweet potatos, pass out on bed, wake up next week
Another year, another Thanksgiving! What are you all doing for the holiday? Spending time with family and friends? Enjoying delicious food? Queuing up for bargain electronics? I'm heading to family friends with my family and girlfriend, and I'm bringing along an apple crumb pie that I baked last night.
Happy thanksgiving!

Hope none of you are coming down with the flu.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rbeqbj-n1Z0/SS26xp23_qI/AAAAAAAAALM/L5HoRz7rU20/s400/happy_turkey_day.bmp
Happy thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to America! Let us all remember our peace with the Indians before we decided to wipe them out and take their nation Razz
Everyone loved my pie, all the food was delicious, and some of the adults got into arguments about politics and religion. A Thanksgiving feast indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
Everyone loved my pie, all the food was delicious, and some of the adults got into arguments about politics and religion. A Thanksgiving feast indeed.

What kind of pie?

We had apple (my favorite) and pumpkin.
I had cranberry sauce, turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and chocolate pecan pie. And after I engorged myself I then proceeded to finish my arduino project.

Overall, 10/10, would thank again.
Thanksgiving was a blast! I'm thankful for all my friends and family and especially give my thanks to the women who prepared the feast while us guys watched football. Overall I think I ate too much.
My before and after weights were 157lbs and 164lbs. The change in weight was effected between 11am and 5pm.
Whelp, we're back to Thanksgiving, with another tumultuous year behind us. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! What sorts of fun things are you doing today? Dinner with friends, family? Other things, or don't celebrate Thanksgiving? Are you going to participate in Black Friday madness?
Wow. It's been a whole year already. Where does time go? Happy thanksgiving everybody!
No Black Friday for me. I will be going to visit family later today.
For those who want there own taste of a turkey: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212735#212735
Is Thanksgiving turning into a commercial holiday ... kind of like how Christmas is?

Obviously in AU we dont really celebrate the holiday though Sad.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Is Thanksgiving turning into a commercial holiday ... kind of like how Christmas is?

It kinda already is actually. Doesn't matter to me, I don't really consider it special.... Might as well be thankful everyday. But to those who do, Happy Thanksgiving!
tr1p1ea wrote:

Yeah it seems like so in USA. Now some stores open at like 12 AM after thanksgiving and result in flash mobs and safety problems. Basically, people have to stop celebrating earlier then go to work at night.

In Canada we also have the Black Friday since the last three years , but our thanksgiving occurs one and an half month earlier. Also over here we have store hours regulations in order to allow families to have a life, so in Quebec, stores cannot open before 8 AM (except convenience stores and supermarkets) and in the rest of Canada 6 AM.

Black Friday in Canada kinda lost its meaning right when it started three years ago, because the sale actually lasts through the weekend. They might as well have called it Black Friday weekend sale.

We also have Boxing day, which is similar to American's Black Friday (in terms of popularity), and it occurs on December 26th. However stores usually open at 1 PM.
Huh, I don't know why we didn't use this topic the last few years. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have a fun, festive, relaxing, peaceful time with yourself, your friends, or your family. And I certainly wish the same sentiments to our many members and friends outside the United States.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours