How can I compress LuaZM sprites? Also, how should it be done? Should each image be decompressed when using copySprite(), or should I write my own sprite drawing routine?
*bump*
bump
Either approach will work, but I think decompressing them and using the built-in routine will be somewhat faster (since I believe it's implemented in C).
Hmm... what is the built-in routine?? All I can find is copySprite...
flyingfisch wrote:

You first decompress using LUA (which I bet will be slow) and then you use copySprite to draw the uncompressed routine.
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

You first decompress using LUA (which I bet will be slow)...

Yeah, that's what I thought.... Maybe Kerm could make a built-in decompression routine?
If you tell me what sort of compression routine would be preferred and find me a good set of C code so I don't have to put too much time into it, I'd be happy to give it a try.
OK, i'm really not very knowledgeable about compression, so maybe someone else could help you there.... all i know is that the way it is right now, sprites take up way too much space. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours