This looks like an interesting alternative to BASIC, check it out:

http://fastrpl.info/english/fastrpl_tut/fastrpl_tuto.html

Omnimaga has some screenshots of some of the games made with it...
hmm..looks interesting, although i'm not thrilled about that syntax Smile

i'm also not thrilled that it switches human lanuages part way thru the "english" tutorial Wink
lol, I am sure that is still a work in progress. Smile
Yeah, Reverse Polish Notation is good to know, HP calcs support it, and it tends to be quite fast. The programming language Lisp uses RPN.
http://fastrpl.info/jeux.shtml

some of those games look like they have some good speed to em, i'll definitely have to try this out
Shock Wow, those are pretty fast! /me ponders RPL support in DCS6...
You should see what it would take. Smile

I have noticed that the French programmers are pretty slick when it comes to calc programming, especially asm...
Yup, dunno why that is. Idea How about my own RPN implementation for DCS6?!
you know there is a RPN app for the 83+, right?
Yeah, but I think there it would be cool to embed an alternate programming language of some sort in DCS.
KermMartian wrote:

either that, or something along the lines of a byte-code compiled lang, that can be edited/compiled on calc. That way you don't have to use stupid looking RPN notation. (compiled to byte code, tho, so that it is easily cross-calc portable)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

either that, or something along the lines of a byte-code compiled lang, that can be edited/compiled on calc. That way you don't have to use stupid looking RPN notation. (compiled to byte code, tho, so that it is easily cross-calc portable)

Exactly. Hmm, this could be kinda cool! /me ponders.
lol, PORT PYTHON TO DCS!! Laughing
KermMartian wrote:

Because since we can't read French, their tutorials are probably better, and they might have better documentation on stuff... Laughing
google will translate pages for you Smile Ive seen this before, but when I visited about half the links were dead
maybe, but it does translate halfway decently.
TI-Freak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Because since we can't read French, their tutorials are probably better, and they might have better documentation on stuff... Laughing

...the tutorial in the link was English.... Shock
once you get past the second page or so, it switches back to french Wink
Sad Ohhhhh, that's a shame. Oh well.
I am half tempted to translate the pages, and either send it to them, or host them my self... Very Happy

But then, I have too much to do already... Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours