Might as well post a topic for us to mull out/over ideas. Here is one that I was thinking about:

To better promote the BE, inside the program/game, the BE logo should be displayed, with an authenticity number that can be cross-reference for people that care, to make sure it is BE quality. Then if it doesn't come back as the right program, or doesn't come back at all, it would be reported to us.

What do you think?
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/certify.php
Smile
Does that out put a .8xi file?
Ohhh, inside the prog/game. Not a bad idea!
lol, I guess I am chuck full of them, if I could just get them to come out a lil faster... Very Happy

Do you think it would be hard to do?
No, I can even just modify the current one.
Ok, but does that just certify the prog, or does it check for certification of another file...?
That will just certify, I haven't build any real security features into it yet.
Oh, ok. Smile

Sorry for all the questions...
if i remeber right, the 8** format has space for comments that would be invisible to the user, and therefore a special code could be put there to signify b1337'ness

someone could then also write an ASM proggy that could scan for/verify that key...(along with the internet one, of course - which could even be built into SC2, which could display a B1337 certified logo when ran a b1337 proggy is run through it)

there could either be a comp proggy or some web proggy that a user could use to get his/her proggy B1337'ified. as in they submit it, it gets reviewed by a b1337 member, and then either approved or rejected. If approved, the code is inserted into the comment section, and the proggy gets sent back to the auther to populate the web with

The code could even just be the same for every proggy so that an on-calc checker wouldn't have to be continually updated for the new codes....
Shock
/me Reads it again
ah, ok. Any one of those would make a fair bit of sense.
well Kerm, what do ya think of my idea Evil or Very Mad
I think it would be a good idea to have a PHP script to set up the 42-byte comment part of the file as you recommend; SourceCoder already sets it to it's own copywrite line, but I could easily make it detect and preserve 1337 programs and perhaps even prevent editing of 1337 programs... Exclamation
maybe, but then how would us modify our own programs (and then I would have to redo Ultimate pong for you)
Perhaps make it check the code embedded in the program against the user's ID if online and allow editing by the author?
that would be good, but what about currently certified programs?
rivereye wrote:

i think someone should submit it (doesn't have to be a B1337 certified auther, just anyone), the gets reviewed by a B1337 member, then it is either approved or denied. If approved, the code gets added in and sent back to the author
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

I think someone should submit it (doesn't have to be a B1337 certified auther, just anyone), the gets reviewed by a B1337 member, then it is either approved or denied. If approved, the code gets added in and sent back to the author

Agreed. The current certification system is kinda slipshod.
still doesn't answer my question, I have a B1337 Program, and if I were to run it through SC after this is done, it will not show up
rivereye wrote:
still doesn't answer my question, I have a B1337 Program, and if I were to run it through SC after this is done, it will not show up

sure it will, because yours hasn't been "tagged", so until it is, it will be treated as a regular, non-B1337 certified program, which will still work just fine.

Then, once it gets taged, you can re-upload it to TI-Calc or wherever, and say its a new version Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours