well, since I was about to port some game and the theme of the contest is about porting... I'm in!

I'll be making a port of McPixel for TI-83+, with similar gameplay but different scenarios and whatnots.

McPixel is a game that you, McPixel, try to prevent bomb from exploding in any possible way, even though some solution doesn't even make sense. The best part is that you have 20 SECONDS to do so. Each episode contains a series of mini-scenarios that you must repeat until you beat all the mini scenarios. Players get 1 point for successfully clearing a scenario and lose 1 point for failing. If players manage to keep 3 points until the end of the episode, player enter a bonus round.

I'll be using Axe if possible, but I might switch to Grammer at some point.
what calculator/language?

EDIT:
Quote:
I'll be making a port of McPixel for TI-83+, with similar gameplay but different scenarios and whatnots.

You were editing the post when I replied. Question answered Smile
I don't think Grammer is allowed? Or has that changed ?
I thought I heard somebody saying that Grammer counts as a hybrid BASIC or something. Maybe I heard it wrong?
All calculator languages are allowed, but will be judged against each other in the same category with proper weighting. In other words, I will expect an ASM program on the TI-83+ to be faster and more complex than a Grammer program for the same score, and a Grammer program faster and more complex than a BASIC program for an equal score.
For casio langs, that would be C/ASM, LuaZM, PRGM2(?), BASIC (in order of complexity/speed for same score)?
I'd like to see this one play out Very Happy, the game is great on steam
So this is my plan:

-instead of 7 scenario per episode, it'll be 4-5 scenario

-it'll feature greyscale.

-simple sound.(McPixel's bgm is really simple enough to be done by monotone.)

-episode maker if time allows
flyingfisch wrote:
For casio langs, that would be C/ASM, LuaZM, PRGM2(?), BASIC (in order of complexity/speed for same score)?
It would, but let's not hijack Yeong's thread. Yeong: That sounds decent enough; good luck.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours