I think that the Graphing Calculator in the background looks dumb, and the new lightning bolt over cemetech doesn't look good, the bolt should weave in/out of the letters.

Thanks,
William "Your goto tech guy"
willwac wrote:
I think that the Graphing Calculator in the background looks dumb, and the new lightning bolt over cemetech doesn't look good, the bolt should weave in/out of the letters.

Thanks,
Do you dislike the Prizm or the TI-84+SE? And what do you dislike about it/them? Is it how the specific calculator(s) look, or the fact that they're there at all?
willwac wrote:

Thanks,

I personally like the CEMETECH logo as it is. The fact that the letters have very little spacing between them adds to their "confidence", which leaves no room for the lightning to weave in between the letters. And I also like the calc there as well - using a red faceplate really sells its Cemetechiness.

BTW, William, if you want to have "Thanks, William" on the bottom of all of your posts, you should edit your profile and put it in your signature field.
KermMartian wrote:
willwac wrote:

Thanks,
Do you dislike the Prizm or the TI-84+SE? And what do you dislike about it/them? Is it how the specific calculator(s) look, or the fact that they're there at all?

I think that you should show the upper part of the calculators.
I feel that the keypads have more visual interest than the LCDs, so I chose to display them the way they are. Do the rest of you disagree? Compynerd, thanks for the kind words; I entirely agree.
I like the keypads better,
elfprince13 wrote:
I like the keypads better,
I agree with you there. I tried to math the MATH and APPS buttons be subtly centered on the TI-84+SE, and I figured the number keys on the Prizm would work well as an accompaniment.
I had to clear my cache first, but the new logo is much better! The rest of the site still looks a little old, though.
LiquidMetal wrote:
I had to clear my cache first, but the new logo is much better! The rest of the site still looks a little old, though.
I hearvyou, but I am not sure I agree there. I think the design is recognizable, and not too dusty-looking.
i feel that the design is very professional looking. of course, i thought maroon was a bit more purple than red, but that doesnt matter. the anner i feel is very nice, too- but lightning? looks more like a wire more than lightning.

*ive looked at the other cemetech styles--they absolutly suck. Maybe i am the only one who feels this way, but those need more work than the classic style.
Those actually are the classic styles, from back in the day. The exception is CemetechRetro, which was a joke for one April Fools' Day.
KermMartian wrote:
Those actually are the classic styles, from back in the day. The exception is CemetechRetro, which was a joke for one April Fools' Day.
Mark your calendar for next April 1st.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours