How did you (or would you, if too young) vote?
I'm not a US citizen
 7%  [ 3 ]
Romney/Ryan (Republican)
 23%  [ 9 ]
Obama/Biden (Democrat)
 25%  [ 10 ]
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian)
 15%  [ 6 ]
Stein/Honkala (Green)
 10%  [ 4 ]
Goode/Clymer (Constitution)
 2%  [ 1 ]
Anderson/Rodriguez (Justice)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other: Tell us below
 7%  [ 3 ]
I chose not to vote
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Incidentally, Romney may be winning Ohio again.
...and everyone is calling it for Obama - 4 more years! Wooo!

Or rather, HELL YEAH ROMNEY LOST! Such a terrible candidate...
In other craziness, Donald Trump is calling for the violent overthrow of the U.S. government: http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/donald_trump_loses_it_calls_for_revolution/

I would argue that Obama won because he focused his resources on winning key states in an electoral college system. If it were a popular vote system, he would have used those same resources to the same effectiveness, just in different places(he would have had to spread them out more broadly, but so would Romney). Either way, his message beats out Romney's wherever it matters.
DShiznit wrote:
If it were a popular vote system, he would have used those same resources to the same effectiveness, just in different places(he would have had to spread them out more broadly, but so would Romney).

Obama is winning the popular vote currently as well. Rant about electoral system all you want, in this case it doesn't look like it matters.

But Romney just conceded, Obama wins!
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
If it were a popular vote system, he would have used those same resources to the same effectiveness, just in different places(he would have had to spread them out more broadly, but so would Romney).

Obama is winning the popular vote currently as well. Rant about electoral system all you want, in this case it doesn't look like it matters.

But Romney just conceded, Obama wins!

I'm just saying if we had a popular vote system, the same margin would be reflected in it as is now reflected in the electoral college, so the system is irrelevant; the effectiveness of messaging is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours