How did you (or would you, if too young) vote?
I'm not a US citizen
 7%  [ 3 ]
Romney/Ryan (Republican)
 23%  [ 9 ]
Obama/Biden (Democrat)
 25%  [ 10 ]
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian)
 15%  [ 6 ]
Stein/Honkala (Green)
 10%  [ 4 ]
Goode/Clymer (Constitution)
 2%  [ 1 ]
Anderson/Rodriguez (Justice)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other: Tell us below
 7%  [ 3 ]
I chose not to vote
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Obama's up by 42K in Florida, with 85% of the vote tallied. He's ahead in NH, Ohio, and Colorado as well, and Romney needs all of those if he loses Florida.
GG Romney WP.

I predict 310-228 Obama victory.
I was hoping for a tie purely out of nihilism. I'll take an electoral/popular vote split though. That could hypothetically be just as destructive if ~half the country refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of their president based on popular vote and secedes. Not like that's likely to happen though.
Obama has won 274-230. California and Ohio boosted him into the 270s. Yay!
We still don't know what the popular vote will look like. I'm still hoping for the South to get a bug up its a so we can obliterate them again.
At this point it wouldn't really be south vs. north, so much as it would be rural vs. urban.
gg wp.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
At this point it wouldn't really be south vs. north, so much as it would be rural vs. urban.
It would be Northeast + West Coast versus the South, I think. Anyway, gg election.
And it doesn't look like Gary Johnson, or even all the independants combined got close to the 5% they were hopping for. Its a shame to because many of their core ideologies align better with public opinion than the two major parties. At least according to what I've seen here and the stats the site elfprince linked to in the initial post.
Kerm:

If you look at the state election map, yes, but if you look at it on a county-by-county basis, all of the South's major population centers are blue.
I would have voted for Romney, but I cannot vote.
The reason is I believe Obama is pulling us in the wrong direction because I think what he and the Democrats want is to have government play a bigger role in peoples lives, a place where I think government should stay out of.
Also I think Romney could have got the economy going, we need someone who knows business, because they could get us on track.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Kerm:

If you look at the state election map, yes, but if you look at it on a county-by-county basis, all of the South's major population centers are blue.

I wonder if they would flee to the blue states in the event of civil war or try to stand their ground and act as staging points for the Yankees.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Kerm:

If you look a little closer, there are only a few states where that is the case, most of the southern red states are pure red aside from maybe one county in Texas. Even Southern states with large minority populations.
TheStorm wrote:
And it doesn't look like Gary Johnson, or even all the independants combined got close to the 5% they were hopping for. Its a shame to because many of their core ideologies align better with public opinion than the two major parties. At least according to what I've seen here and the stats the site elfprince linked to in the initial post.

Yeah, although Gary Johnson may have just set the record for a libertarian candidate anyway, it's a little too early to tell.
What?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Images/county-map-2008.jpg

Houston, Austin, Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Atlanta, Tallahassee, Birmingham, Knoxville, Jacksonville, Miami...
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
What?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Images/county-map-2008.jpg

Houston, Austin, Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Atlanta, Tallahassee, Birmingham, Knoxville, Jacksonville, Miami...
Well the current AP map I'm seeing on googles politics site shows all red for 2012. Perhaps that will change by the end of the election but currently things are definitely looking different than 2012.
I just started reading this and its absolutely fascinating: http://xkcd.com/1127/large/
Gary Johnson polling above the margin of victory in Florida, Ohio, and Virginia. SUP RNC.
Uh... On google's map it colors all of the counties by their states' color. Mouse over Central Arkansas (Pulaski County, where the capital is) and it's 55% Obama, but still red. Same for Dallas, New Orleans, etc.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Uh... On google's map it colors all of the counties by their states' color. Mouse over Central Arkansas (Pulaski County, where the capital is) and it's 55% Obama, but still red. Same for Dallas, New Orleans, etc.
Yeah I just noticed that, my bad...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours