I need to know a couple Visual Basic codes.

1. I need a code to were depending on the input given it changes the URL/site that is displayed.

2. I need to know how to make an address bar to were it displays the current site URL.

I can post the Program how it is so far. But so you can only be at the google homepage. But you can type in "Site: (URL)" in the search part so you can goto just about any site that you want, its just not as direct. I know this is a TI-Calculator Forum, but VB is not much differant than Ti-calculator programming. hopfully there is someone here who knows VB better than I. Please Help.

-Swivel
www.msdn.com Very Happy

I don't know VB, but i can point in you in the right direction.

First, make a textbox and call it txt_urladd (or something similar)

Then make a button next to it and call it btn_urlgo

Then simply have it so when the button is pushed, it sets the current URL to txt_urladd.Text
Thanks for trying, lol, I know how to do all that except the part were it changes the webbrowser site. i have it on google so you can enter a url into the google search but as I said before its not as direct. Sad . If there is anyone else that knows VB please post. I cant find any 'Active' forums out there. There alot of non-active forums that no one gos to and noone posts at, you cant find many good forums anymore. Most are aboandond and unkeaped. This is pretty much the only good forum I have ever been to. Confused

-Swivel
how are you getting to google? Please post that code snippet

EDIT:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/reference/methods/navigate.asp

Assuming you are using the built in webbrowser object, its very simple. Just do this: mywebbrowser.Navigate(txt_urladd.Text)
Its not exactly a Code. Making a WebBrowser window is script based. What program are you using? I use Microsoft VB 2005. You can get it for free on Microsoft.com. I can usually tell you alot of stuff about programs if you tell me what program you are using.

-Swivel
swivelgames wrote:
Its not exactly a Code. Making a WebBrowser window is script based. What program are you using? I use Microsoft VB 2005. You can get it for free on Microsoft.com. I can usually tell you alot of stuff about programs if you tell me what program you are using.

-Swivel

Yeah, but what code are you using then?
Email me a zip with your stuff....I am teh VB6 uberMaster, and I can help you with just about anything (BIG HINT: object browser is very helpful)
I am using Microsoft VB 2005, its not just coding. Some of it is Drag and Drop but alot is coding.

This is the ToolBar with all the features and things with it. The only reason why I made it a seperate window, is because when i maximized the main window the browser would not maximize. every thing except the Go and the Address bar works.

PM me your E-mail Address and i'll send you it. Make sure you have Microsoft VB 2005 first, becuase I am sending it uncompiled so you can edit it if you need to, is that alright?

Also, if you could post a code snippet, that makes it so it saves and opens a txt file.

Edit1: Here is a picture of it as it first starts up.

Click to See an Enlarged Version.
-Swivel
swivelgames wrote:

-Swivel

i'm in linux Very Happy (no M$ crap here, w000t!!!)

Just set the GO button to do this: [whatever you named the webbrowser object].Navigate(txt_urladd.Text)
I tried that, its a SYNTAX error. i'll try one more time, but I dont think it'll work, it did'nt work last time.

-Swivel
Haha, love the background on that pic. Smile
i'm kinda curious, why are you making this webbrowser anyway?

and stop using IE! get opera, firefox, konqueror, etc...
Firefox 1.5 RC3 woot!
Kllrnohj wrote:
I'm in linux Very Happy (no M$ crap here, w000t!!!)

have you tried REALBasic?
read your other post...can get Konqueror for Windows?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
I'm in linux Very Happy (no M$ crap here, w000t!!!)

I'm almost positive there's a win32 port. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:

no

Of COURSE you can get Konqueror for windows! use Cygwin w/ its X-Win port. I'm SURE you could get it working through that

although that would (unfortunately) require compiling all of KDE.....
Oh, really, no native win build?
not that i saw at the konqueror's main site - in fact, in the "download" section for it, it said to download/compile KDE to get it, so the "proper" way to get it in linux is to build/install KDE....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours