hi!
First of all, sorry for my mistakes in english, but i m french, and my english is... bad ^^
I'm mathieu,and i program in Asm z80 since this summer. I wanted to do a game with the linkport, a snake for 2 players.
I post this topic because i have a problem:
Someone told me to use the bell librairy to do it.
So, i ve realised my code, and it works perfectly on the emulator (wabbitemu) ... but not in real hardware: the game work a little time,then the bell's routine fail
Timendus told me the ti os routine "_getkey" do some problems with the linkport, so i ve suprime this rom call, but it always doesn t work...
Do you know if one of this routines have to don t be use in a linkplay:
_vputs
_setxxxop1
_dispop1a
_ipoint
Thank you in advence for your answer! =)

PS:i use ion for my game.
bcall _vputs I believe disables interrupts idk how the Bell library works but that might be a problem.

Also for doing anything with linking I recommend using pindurti
WabbitEmu has some issues with linking stability as of the moment
The 83+ flash debugger has excellent linking support, however it doesn't support the 84+, 84+SE, direct USB (obviously), and you can't manipulate the lines directly via silverlink.
Welcome to Cemetech, M@thieu41! Would you mind Introducing Yourself when you get a chance? I'm glad to hear that you're making some multiplayer z80 ASM games, and I hope that you'll share your work with us as you make progress. I also hope you'll upload your completed work to the Cemetech archives when you finish. I'll answer your question, and Timendus work is superb; may I also request that you take a look at Doors CS and CALCnet to see if they may be a good match for your future work?

:: You should use direct input, not _getkey.
:: I would expect vputs to do things you might not like.
Thank you!
So i ll suprime vputs to my game,and test that ^^
Do you know if _puts is also a problem with the linkport?
M@thieu41 wrote:
Thank you!
So i ll suprime vputs to my game,and test that ^^
Do you know if _puts is also a problem with the linkport?
I would expect that it might be, but fix _getkey first and see if that does the trick.
I have already suprime getkey,and i use the direct imput,and it doesn t work ^^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours