It's blowing too hard to hear the rain. Apart from a few flickers, we still haven't lost power yet.
The CemeCave will never yield to any storm.
IT'S HELL OUT THERE. A PORTAL HAS OPENED UP AND THE DARK LORD AND HIS MINIONS ARE ARISING FROM THE GROUND AND OH GOD THE HUMANITY WHAT HAVE WE DONE. I'M GOING TO G.... sspphchchhhhhhh
Sure, the winds on the east coast, but... the dark lord is up in Washington? (Assuming you are still on the west side).
I feel bad for those who live on low ground or near rivers and seas. According to news it got really bad in some NY/NJ areas.

In Canada one person died in Ontario but nothing else major. Quebec isn't gonna get much of the storm, but it will last a few more days. I was initially concerned because they said the cold front from the north would merge with Sandy then inflate the storm effects around St-Laurent valley (where I live), but wind gusts never got higher than 60 mph. The rainy part of the storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow and wednesday, but winds are supposed to be weaker.

I am really surprised to see a cyclone this late into fall.
The windows way up in my dorm were shaking a lot earlier on, but have calmed down. It will be fun walking around with the wind.
Rain. Some wind. Mild flooding. They cancled school for 2 days though Smile
I'm in central(-ish) Maryland. The first part of the storm knocked out power for 3 hours. Then power came back up and stayed on, with of course some flickering here and there. After that mess, it's a lot colder - about 40 or so degrees, with even a chance of snow! Razz

And of course, school's out Monday and Tuesday, hoping for Wednesday as well. Smile
apart from some wind last night, nothing. hope it snows though...
My street is next to a river, hope it won't flood like last year with Irene.
Nada.
Howard Beach and the Rockaways are underwater. So is Battery Park. Old Howard Beach and Rockaways have had fires, caused by transformer explosions, burn down people's homes. A fire in Breezy Point burned down 80 homes. A crane in Manhattan was ripped loose and part of it is now dangling. Levies were breached. The Battery Park tunnel is flooded and the NYC subway system is underwater.

In other news, this storm shocked NY Gov Andrew Cuomo into, on air, telling us to accept the reality of climate change and realize that severe weather is here to stay.
ACagliano wrote:
Howard Beach and the Rockaways are underwater. So is Battery Park. Old Howard Beach and Rockaways have had fires, caused by transformer explosions, burn down people's homes. A fire in Breezy Point burned down 80 homes. A crane in Manhattan was ripped loose and part of it is now dangling. Levies were breached. The Battery Park tunnel is flooded and the NYC subway system is underwater.

In other news, this storm shocked NY Gov Andrew Cuomo into, on air, telling us to accept the reality of climate change and realize that severe weather is here to stay.

The question is, will people be able to sift truth from the lies?
seana11 wrote:
ACagliano wrote:

The question is, will people be able to sift truth from the lies?

What does that mean?
I think he's getting at the fact that the beaches are underwater and that Gov Cuomo supposedly switching his words (If I read that part right).
apparently some big blog sites are down...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411552,00.asp
comicIDIOT wrote:
I think he's getting at the fact that the beaches are underwater and that Gov Cuomo supposedly switching his words (If I read that part right).

I was aiming at the idea that politicians lie a lot, so when they actually say truthful stuff it gets unnoticed.
It might be true, but there has always been global climate change. It's a cycle. first the globe cools, then it warms, then cools.... get used to it. we aren't causing it, and nothing bad is going to happen because of it.
flyingfisch wrote:
It might be true, but there has always been global climate change. It's a cycle. first the globe cools, then it warms, then cools.... get used to it. we aren't causing it, and nothing bad is going to happen because of it.

Problem is, the earth should be cooling off. This is currently a gap between ice ages. The last ice age ended 10,000 years ago. The average time between ice ages is 10,000 years. At this point, the earth should be starting to cool off, not warm.
We're NOT going to sidetrack this down the climate change rabbit hole. Talk about Sandy or your posts will be deleted.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours