Alright, every single time since I've attempted even doing a "Hello world" in the SDK, I have had the issue of it never compiling and it always saying "Makefile: 13:c:/Users/myname/desktop/CASIO: No such file or directory

Makefile:13:PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/common/prizm_Rules". stop.

make ***No rule to make target PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/common/prizm_rules. stop.

C:/users/myname/desktop/Casio PRIZM/prizmSDK-0.3/projects/hello>pause

press any key to continue...
As AHelper said on IRC last night, you have a space in the folder name "CASIO Prizm", which is confusing it. Remove the space and rename the folder to "CASIO" or "Prizm" or "CASIOPrizm".
I feel like an idiot, I didn't notice the actual folder had a space, woopsie

EDIT: THIS is what happens now

C:\Users\jimmy\Desktop\CASIO_PRIZM\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\hello>..\..\bin\make.ex
e
sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/proje
cts/hello/build/main.d -Os -Wall -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib -IC:/Users
/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/hello/build -IC:/Users/jimmy/De
sktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/include -c C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/Pri
zmSDK-0.3/projects/hello/src/main.c -o main.o
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/hello/src/main.c:1:26:
fatal error: fxcg/display.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

C:\Users\jimmy\Desktop\CASIO_PRIZM\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\hello>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
I noted that you cannot use the original PrizmSDK-0.3 on the wiki as it is outdated and the wiki is going to support the new libfxcg. If enough people poke me nonstop on irc after 5:30 CST, I will pack up my libfxcg into an SDK including all of my tutorial/sample projects included. This will not be an official PrizmSDK-0.4, but will should be a step forward Wink
It should be enough to unpack one of my automated builds into your SDK directory to get the new libraries and headers (though your Makefile might require a bit of tweaking).
huh?
The_Coded wrote:
huh?

It's not entirely appropriate to have one word posts on the forum. One word posts are more suited for SAX, IRC and instant message chat. With that, would you mind clarifying where you're confused? Is it with AHelpers post or with unpacking Tari's latest successful building into the directory of the SDK.

I suggest poking AHelper for the unofficial PrizmSDK-0.4 or inquiring clearer instruction from Tari. Though, if you can't figure out how to download the Last Successful Build of libfxcg from Tari's link there, I think you've got less pertinent issues to deal with first.
Just the way Tari and Ahelper worded it confused me to death. I can figure out how to download builds, it's as simple as clicking a link, I was just utterly confused
The_Coded wrote:
Just the way Tari and Ahelper worded it confused me to death. I can figure out how to download builds, it's as simple as clicking a link, I was just utterly confused
Well, AHelper said he was going to make something you can just download, and Tari gave you a link to a zip file to download and unpack over your existing SDK to replace the include and lib directories. I'm not sure which part of all that was confusing.
Well it's been a while and umm TARI I extracted your automated thing to my SDK folder...what do I do now?
The_Coded wrote:
Well it's been a while and umm TARI I extracted your automated thing to my SDK folder...what do I do now?
Now you start writing programs. That's the includes and the libraries, so you shouldn't need anything else.
I didn't forget about the SDK yet. Unsplat just took priority over my school work that took priority over other stuff...

Hopefully by HCWP I can work on it.
well here's what happens now that I've dl'd Tari's things

Code:

C:\Users\jimmy\Desktop\CASIO_PRIZM\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\example>..\..\bin\make.
exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/proje
cts/example/build/example.d -Os -Wall -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib   -IC:/
Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/build -IC:/Users/j
immy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/include -c C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PR
IZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/src/example.c -o example.o
In file included from C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/e
xample/src/example.c:1:0:
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/include/display_syscalls.h:2:3:
error: #error Included without minicompat. Use <fxcg/display.h>.
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/src/example.c:4
:6: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int' [-Wmain]
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/src/example.c:
In function 'main':
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/src/example.c:1
0:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM' [-Wimplicit-f
unction-declaration]
C:/Users/jimmy/Desktop/CASIO_PRIZM/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/example/src/example.c:6
:10: warning: variable 'blah' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
make[1]: *** [example.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

C:\Users\jimmy\Desktop\CASIO_PRIZM\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\example>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Excellent, so fix those errors and you'll have a working program. Unless you're asking what they mean, in which case I'd say that all of those are pretty English and self-explanatory.
I Imagine I'll have to create a new makefile to get it all working properly
The_Coded wrote:
I Imagine I'll have to create a new makefile to get it all working properly
No, the error messages there, if you read them, clearly refer to the example Add-In. And they say exactly what to do to fix the messages.
Well I just compiled Hello world without any issues at all this time, and I haven't changed anything, I'll just leave the example folder alone Very Happy. hopefully now I can get to doing the rest of the tutorials!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours