Hi guys !

Using Axe (both the language and the app) and ASM, I'm making something looking like a shell, but specialized in Axe programming !

It searches through the VAT for Axe sources, displays them and provides several functions and informations on them : you can lock sources, so people can't edit them ; you can delete sources ; it displays if the source is locked or not, its size, the output program, and most of all ...

You can open the Axe app, enable Axe token hook and compile sources directly from the shell ! (yeah, these aren't Axe but ASM ;D ) And you also can compile sources in Noshell without opening the Axe app Good Idea

The program also recognizes libraries (programs starting with two dots), making them impossible to compile Very Happy

The program isn't finished at all, I planned to add more functionalities like hiding sources, launch an executable program resulting of a compilation just by clicking on his source ... Here is a list of available functionalities :

• 17/09/2012

• Main menu
    • Axe app opens from the shell
    • Compilation of an input from the shell
    • Token hook enabling from the shell

• 18/09/2012

• Updated ! Direct compilation of the selected program
    • Complete listing of Axe sources, including libraries
    • Source locking
    • Source deleting
    • Source size display
    • Output name display
    • Lock state display

And here is the latest screenshot (I'll update it with the program) :

The logo is quite ugly, but it's only for me having the shapes for text, I'll update it later.
Will this be able to run programs? Otherwise to me it looks like a pretty nifty utility but otherwise somewhat boring program.
Oh, I didn't update this one because I thank that nobody had interest in it.

I released it on Ti-Calc, and yeah it can run Nostub ASM programs. Just see the readme.
matrefeytontias wrote:

I released it on Ti-Calc, and yeah it can run Nostub ASM programs. Just see the readme.
I think it just seems like no one has interest because it's a utility. I find that you can create technically amazing stuff, but if it's not a game, the majority of people couldn't care less. Smile In other news, great job indeed on this, and I hope you get the motivation to expand it further some day.
matrefeytontias wrote:

Don't stop updating it just because there was no initial interest.
I think you should keep with this and make this into something bigger.
Or transition this into something else magnificent.
Well, his goal for this project seems to be to make a centralized tool for Axe programmers to simplify development, rather than make a general shell for all end-users. I agree with transitioning, though I also hope he'll finish the Doors CS GUI Axiom at some point. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours