seana11 wrote:
AHelper wrote:
This could turn into:
nobody wrote:
Hi, I would like to see XXXXXX played on cemetech.

I would recommend sticking only to games that are traditional to long-standing cemetech players. Otherwise, we could all just start naming off games... or just get money to buy/play the 2 games Razz

This is FOSS. Anyway, just because you don't like how they have bots set up for the moment doesn't mean that others won't like it. Unlike most other games that could be mentioned, this is *the* hottest place in foss atm.

Three things.

Firstly. What... What are you talking about? We have AHelper and Kerm trying to steer the discussion back on-topic, not saying "No."

Secondly, their posts weren't directed at you as others threw out games they play. If they specifically quoted you, then yeah I'd understand but it still wouldn't make it okay to defend. Why? Read on.

Lastly, If you want to suggest games we could play together find a relavant topic or make one if there isn't. This topic - here - is about game servers we host, in case any of our members and visitors play too.
comicIDIOT wrote:
seana11 wrote:
AHelper wrote:
This could turn into:
nobody wrote:
Hi, I would like to see XXXXXX played on cemetech.

I would recommend sticking only to games that are traditional to long-standing cemetech players. Otherwise, we could all just start naming off games... or just get money to buy/play the 2 games :P

This is FOSS. Anyway, just because you don't like how they have bots set up for the moment doesn't mean that others won't like it. Unlike most other games that could be mentioned, this is *the* hottest place in foss atm.

Three things.

Firstly. What... What are you talking about? We have AHelper and Kerm trying to steer the discussion back on-topic, not saying "No."

Secondly, their posts weren't directed at you as others threw out games they play. If they specifically quoted you, then yeah I'd understand but it still wouldn't make it okay to defend. Why? Read on.

Lastly, If you want to suggest games we could play together find a relavant topic or make one if there isn't. This topic - here - is about game servers we host, in case any of our members and visitors play too.

Ok, moving my first post to its own topic.
As many of our Cemetech Minecraft server visitors may know, we previously had an issue with daily restarts of the Bukkit server not succeeding. It turned out that the restart was succeeding, but the restart of the Tekkit server an hour later was killing it. I repaired the problem, so no more manual intervention to restart the server in mornings should be necessary. Happy Minecrafting!
Also, why is the server offline in the mornings? I have noticed this many times, including today. (unless you just have it off to prevent this issue)
AHelper wrote:
Also, why is the server offline in the mornings? I have noticed this many times, including today. (unless you just have it off to prevent this issue)
No, that's exactly the issue that I just fixed. The server restarts to clean up memory and make a backup of all worlds and state every morning at 6am EST, but it appeared that it was not restarting successfully. Therefore, it would be down until I got up and manually started out. What the problem turned out to actually be was it stopping, backing up, and starting successfully, but then the Tekkit restart at 7am EST killing it again.
*bump* More improvements. Redirection finally works for the UT2004 server, so you can now grab maps and mods super, duper fast!
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
No, that's exactly the issue that I just fixed. The server restarts to clean up memory and make a backup of all worlds and state every morning at 6am EST, but it appeared that it was not restarting successfully. Therefore, it would be down until I got up and manually started out. What the problem turned out to actually be was it stopping, backing up, and starting successfully, but then the Tekkit restart at 7am EST killing it again.
Makes perfect sense
Poke: MC updates to 1.4.2. ETA for the server to update?
AHelper wrote:

Whenever there's a stable Bukkit build. You can follow them on Twitter for an ETA, I think for the last update they were a week or so later.
comicIDIOT wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Whenever there's a stable Bukkit build. You can follow them on Twitter for an ETA, I think for the last update they were a week or so later.
^What this guy said. Both Bukkit and plug-ins, actually. What does 1.4.2 add?
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
AHelper wrote:

^What this guy said. Both Bukkit and plug-ins, actually. What does 1.4.2 add?

Lots of new features and bug fixes! From the official changelog:

Code:
The Pretty Scary Update!

+ Added a beacon
+ Added flower pots
+ Added item frames
+ Added anvils
+ Added cobblestone walls
+ Added pumpkin pies
+ Added carrots and potatoes
+ Carrots can be put on a stick to control pigs while riding
+ Added a boss mob
+ Added a new skeleton type
+ Added witches
+ Added bats
+ Added mob heads that can be placed
+ Zombies now infect villagers, but can also be cured
+ Added wooden button
+ Items can be cloned with the “pick block” action in Creative Mode
+ Items can be quickly moved to the hotbar by pressing 1 through 9 while hovering an item
+ Added /difficulty, /spawnpoint, /weather, /gamerule and /clear commands
+ Added “target selectors” for commands
+ Added option to hide capes
+ Added option to toggle vertical synch
+ Added customization to superflat worlds
+ Minor additions to the world generator
+ New potion recipes
+ Leather armor can be dyed
* Maps now start more zoomed in, and can be extended
* Redstone repeaters can now be set into a “locked” position
* New sound effects
* Portals to the Nether can now transport items and mobs
* Adventure mode now allows placing and removing blocks, but only when using the correct tools
* Changed method of placing sideways wood logs
* Improved server list
* Improved debug (F3) options
* Spawn protection is now automatically disabled if there are no defined admins
- Removed Herobrine
Pumpkin pies!Witches and bats! Carrots and potatoes for farming! Oh yes, I had heard about the item frames and the beacons. Fun stuff.
Anvils can rename blocks. I can throw a KermM block at people!
AHelper wrote:
Anvils can rename blocks. I can throw a KermM block at people!

Or, if you've done a lot of work on a sword, you could give it a name like "Thundaga" or "Prizm". In addition, anvils fall like sand and can smash torches off walls and hurt people at the bottom, in classic '40s cartoon fashion!
They need to add an achievement for killing a witch with an anvil.
AHelper wrote:
They need to add an achievement for killing a witch with an anvil.

I'll bet someone will come out with a mod so that when someone uses a bucket of water on a witch to kill it by drowning, a little message pops up that says "You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting, melting!". Or maybe when the kill shows up on the chat log, it appears as "<player> liquidated a Witch".
*bump* Love Minecraft? We're now running Minecraft 1.4.5 on the Cemetech Minecraft server, mc.cemetech.net. Come join us and have fun! No whitelist.
*bump* Thanks to the hard work of GeMoschen, the creator of Falsebook, we are upgraded to Minecraft 1.4.6! Please join us for more building and survival fun. In particular, come to the Museum World to see the progress that Pizzaboy and I are making on re-building Arcadia 3, an epic lost city, from our memories.
Nice to know! I haven't been all that active on the server, mainly because it was still on 1.4.5, but I'll see if I can put a little time into it, then.
*Bump* Randomly, my ladder to the top of the world was taken out :/

Also, going to the museum removes items from your inventory and does not return them upon leaving...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours