ld    hl, msg
    b_call(_PutS)            ; Display the text
    b_call(_NewLine)
    ret

msg:
    .db "Hello world!", 0
.end
.end

try that instead. PenCol is or drawing on the graph screen CurCol is the homescreen cursor
That would indeed fix it. In the future, please say what the actual problem is; "it doesn't work" isn't very descriptive.
Sorry Kerm, all I knew was it just flat out didn't work upon starting it, as it would immediately close out. Next time I'll be more descriptive

Edit: Nope still does not work...I click on the program in doors but it acts like it's loading, and just backs me out to the main menu -_-
The_Coded wrote:
Sorry Kerm, all I knew was it just flat out didn't work upon starting it, as it would immediately close out. Next time I'll be more descriptive

Its all good we all start learning some where Very Happy

If you have any more questions feel free to keep asking them in this thread of if its really out there a new topic we will continue to do our best to help ^^

EDIT:
uhh if you are running it from DCS thats another reason it wont be waiting for you to see the results it will just be exiting back to DCS

try running it from the homescreen instead with the asm( token
I don't have an asm token? I can't run programs outside of doors as far as I know
hit 2nd -> 0 scroll down to Asm( hit enter hit prgm -> left scroll to your test program hit enter then enter again
Thanks a bunch Very Happy, I never would have realized or remembered I had a catalog function -_- I'm oblivious and forgetful, tomorrow I'll be on day 2 of the asm in 28 days Very Happy
The_Coded wrote:
Thanks a bunch Very Happy, I never would have realized or remembered I had a catalog function -_- I'm oblivious and forgetful, tomorrow I'll be on day 2 of the asm in 28 days Very Happy
Actually, if you didn't disable Doors CS's Homerun feature, you don't need the Asm( token at all; just run prgmHELLO from the homescreen and Doors CS will take care of noticing that it's an assembly program. You should know that, geekboy. Wink
I do know that Kerm I just want sure what dcs does to the homescreen after execution. i remember having issues with some sort of homerun program clearing the homescreen after executing a program.
I am having a similar problem. When I run Asm(prgmHELLO), all my screen displays is:

H
Done
(I changed PenCol to CurCol, no diference)
Welcome back, afein. Would you mind posting the full source to your program? Are you using the Doors CS SDK?
geekboy1011 wrote:

Code:

.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define    ProgStart    $9D95
.list
.org    ProgStart - 2
    .db    t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
    b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    ld    hl, 0
    ld    (CurCol), hl
    ld    hl, msg
    b_call(_NewLine)
    ret

msg:
    .db "Hello world!", 0
.end
.end

try that instead. PenCol is or drawing on the graph screen CurCol is the homescreen cursor

You want CurRow in the example above, not CurCol. In memory it's like:

CurRow CurCol

So by storing a 16-bit value there (0000h), you're storing the LSB (0) to CurRow and the MSB (0) to CurCol.
Pretty sure it's the same, but here it goes

Code:
.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define    ProgStart    $9D95
.list
.org    ProgStart - 2
    .db    t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
    b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    ld    hl, 0
    ld    (CurCol), hl
    ld    hl, msg
    b_call(_NewLine)
    ret

msg:
    .db "Hello world!", 0
.end
.end

Not using doors, had a little trouble transfering it - something about not enough memory?
Quote:
You want CurRow in the example above, not CurCol.

Thanks, I'll try this
It worked- thanks Brandon! Hopefully I'll understand why within 28 days
AFein: Doors CS SDK != Doors CS. The SDK is a much simpler and modern way to assemble TI-83/+/84+ ASM programs, and a must if you are on a 64-bit system. Doors CS is also something you should have on your calculator, though; which calculator do you have? And please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have as you go through the tutorial.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours