As you have probably seen ad nauseum around here at Cemetech, Christopher Mitchell's introductory programming book Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus has been available for about a month. This 350-page tutorial teaches general programming skills and thinking like a programmer in an example-filled, fun format. It teaches everything from input and output, conditionals, and loops up to the most advanced TI-BASIC graphics commands. It even introduces Hybrid BASIC and the rudiments of z80 assembly. I'm happy to announce that the book is now available in Kindle and ePub formats, which means you can read it on any eBook device of your choice, including Nooks, Kindles, iPhones, Sony Readers, and more. You can directly buy the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble in electronic format or printed format. If you get the print book, you also get the electronic formats for free!

And if you've already bought and started reading Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus, please don't hesitate to let me know what you think, including both praise and criticism. I'd especially appreciate if you'd share your thoughts in a review on the book's Amazon page.

It's still not on the Apple iBooks store Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's still not on the Apple iBooks store Sad
There were instructions in the email that they sent around about how to load the ePub format on an iPod or iPhone (or, I guess, iPad?). I'll see what I can find out about the iBooks store.
I just wrote a review of your book on Amazon. Excellent book! I am a student at Millersville University studying computer science. Last semester, I wrote a paper on "TI-BASIC" (I know that isn't the official name of the language) for a programming languages class. Your book was one of the sources I cited for the paper. Thank you for being so passionate about calculator programming (and for writing a book that is easily understood)!
If you get it onto the Google Play store I still have $19 in credit.
deckster.s1 wrote:
I just wrote a review of your book on Amazon. Excellent book! I am a student at Millersville University studying computer science. Last semester, I wrote a paper on "TI-BASIC" (I know that isn't the official name of the language) for a programming languages class. Your book was one of the sources I cited for the paper. Thank you for being so passionate about calculator programming (and for writing a book that is easily understood)!
Many thanks! I appreciate the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'd love to read that paper if you'd care to forward it to me at some point. If you continue to write TI-BASIC programs, I hope you'll stick around and share some of your favorites with us.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours