Can someone explain to me where I save the .ch8 files to run them? I've tried Root, MainMem, and Save-F..Or am I doing something wrong? Lemme know, cause I really think this is a neat program, if only I could get it to work
You have to save it to the root of the drive. What's the filename? It can't have any letters other than A-Z (all caps), until I get around to adding the file browser dialog.
So do I save it Main Mem and then I name it say...TETRIS and it should work?
No, save it in the root of the drive, i.e. the directory above @MainMem, and save it as TETRIS.ch8.
It said "File not found Press EXIT"
Post a screenshot of Windows Explorer (or whatever file manager you are using to browse your Prizm's files), so I can see exactly what is happening.
How do I post an image?
Use an image hosting site, like http://imgur.com.
Nevermind, They literally just started working, and I have done absolutely nothing different..perhaps it's just a temporary bug
The_Coded wrote:
Nevermind, They literally just started working, and I have done absolutely nothing different..perhaps it's just a temporary bug

Ok, good to see that you've got it working. I've modified my source so that it compiles with the new libfxcg includes, now its just a matter of putting the file browsing code in and doing more debugging.
Sweet, thanks to your add in for the Prizm I looked up Chip8 and SCHIP8...even found plans to build a Chip/SCHIP console!
Here's the new version of ChipEmu. This version adds the file browsing dialog and removes the debugging stuff, since I thought it was useless to end users and complicated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/chip8/ChipEmu.g3a
Can you make it possible to invert the screen colors... maybe even make it possible to have green on black?
Yes, that would be pretty easy to do. In the next release, I might add the ability to choose foreground and background colors.
souvik1997 wrote:
Yes, that would be pretty easy to do. In the next release, I might add the ability to choose foreground and background colors.

Cool, thanks. And great job on this. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours