It's my own code. I'm not using the MCS at the moment, only the storage memory (later, the MCS may be used in order to store a light cache of the events, like how many events are there in a day and what categories).

Storing events in MCS would completely fill the MCs after a short while.

I believe the problem is with my code. I don't have enough stack/I'm not managing it correctly and the event.description field overflows into the event.location, or similar.
I doubt that your problem is stack, based on people's investigation into the size of the stack. The field overflow sounds possible, although I can't tell without looking at your code. Smile Feel free to share snippets if you need any help, of course, although I assume you just haven't gotten a chance to look into the issue yet.
I would say that the MCS functions can read >7KB because eAct and such can.
Could you make it so there is something to tell you that there is an event on a day (different date number color, whatever) in calendar mode?
AHelper wrote:
I would say that the MCS functions can read >7KB because eAct and such can.

Again, you're mixing MCS (main memory) and Bfile (storage memory). eActivity always uses the storage memory (it even has a temporary file on it).

For now I'm only using Bfile syscalls. Everything related to the calendar is stored in the main memory.

flyingfisch: that feature is obvious and is planned, but the way I think of it requires me to develop the MCS cache (or else it'd be really slow, having to poke 30/31 storage memory files per each month you see), something I'm yet to do.
gbl08ma wrote:

flyingfisch: that feature is obvious and is planned, but the way I think of it requires me to develop the MCS cache (or else it'd be really slow, having to poke 30/31 storage memory files per each month you see), something I'm yet to do.

OK, gotcha. Can you also make event reminders? I realize that I may be putting the cart before the horse, but you did ask for feature requests. Wink

Also, I really like how the text input routine is exactly like the OS default. Maybe Kerm could use it in the next version of Graph3DP?
Kerm's going to have a hard time putting it in Graph3DP because while you can input things like sin, cos, etc. I can't seem to be able to get them out of the buffer.

Event reminders... one day, maybe. It's not that useful while the Prizm can't vibrate, beep or (at least!) turn itself on.
gbl08ma wrote:
Kerm's going to have a hard time putting it in Graph3DP because while you can input things like sin, cos, etc. I can't seem to be able to get them out of the buffer.

Event reminders... one day, maybe. It's not that useful while the Prizm can't vibrate, beep or (at least!) turn itself on.

No, I meant a reminder like the way you have the timers set up. When you open the addin it tells you if something is coming up.
Is a list in the home screen about "events in the next days"/"due today" enough for you?
Yes, that would be great. Smile

BTW, love this addin.
New in-development public version is available for download at http://tny.im/hP
Two-point changelog: addition of calculator lock feature and little improvements in text input.

Calculator lock works more or less the same way as my previous calculator lock add-in, except that this one doesn't use sprites at all, allows for a numeric code of up to 255 characters (no letters/symbols allowed as of yet, anyway they aren't very practical to type) and uses the system calls for text input minus GetKey (as that allows for getting to the Menu).
The code hash is stored in both main memory and storage memory. If you delete/modify the code hash in one of the locations, expect a "data mismatch" warning and having your calculator "permanently" locked until you reboot.

To set a new lock code after you set one once, go into Setup (Shift+Menu) and select "Set calc. lock code". For locking the Prizm press F4 in the home screen.
To unlock the calculator (when it says "Calculator locked" at the bottom right), press Alpha. To power it off at said screen, press Shift+AC/ON (both individual presses and simultaneous presses, for those used to my previous add-in, are supported).

More settings and functionality will be added to the calculator lock system at a later point. (By the way: if someone found a way to start an add-in/run custom code at calculator startup, without modifying too much the OS, it'd be awesome).

About the text input improvements, it's very simple: lowercase is now properly signaled in the statusbar, and you can now insert single Alpha and lower-Alpha characters without getting into Alpha-lock mode (just by pressing Alpha without Shift before). This is also properly signaled in the statusbar.
I think text input now behaves in the exact same way as the input the OS provides.

Please tell me if you find any bugs.
Every time you update this I get excited Very Happy

Loving the lock function. Smile

This is probably obvious, but a way to edit events would be nice too.
I'm glad you like it! Event editing is yet another thing in the to-do list. But first, I need to get the individual event deletion function working without "data corruption" bugs, because for editing events I'll use nearly the same code.

I have a new version with two more settings and event count on the calendar (which is one of the settings), letting you see which days have events and if affirmative, how many events they have. This still needs a bit of testing so I'll only release this new version online later.
New version, Beta 1, is out! From now to final version 1, the only things that are missing are:
- Stopwatch
- Event editing
- Calendar agenda view (unlikely for version 1, most likely will only appear on version 2 which will be released "one day")

Changelog for this version:
- Added some welcome messages that appear the first time you run the add-in;
- Calendar now shows the number of events on each day when there's one event or more. This is a setting, if you don't use the events part of the calendar you can disable this count in the settings, so that the calendar will draw faster.
- Bug fixed in the lock function: if there wasn't a code saved in Main Mem but only in SMem, the calc would happily lock but then unlocking would complain about "data tampering". Now it will prompt you to set a new lock code no matter if the code hash is missing in the storage memory, in the main memory or on both.
- Nothing else I can remember of, but I may have fixed one or two little bugs while I was coding the other features.

I recommend that you delete the @UTILS Main Memory folder before opening the updated add-in. If you have timers set, delete only the "Set" file on that folder (you'll loose your settings). If you really don't want to loose anything, just hope the program doesn't break when it finds out it didn't read all the settings (it shouldn't break, but...).

Download at the usual URL: http://tny.im/hP

Don't expect more updates on the next days/weeks as I'm busy with real life... Wink
Is the new version PuINDEV5?

EDIT:
I am asking this because I just downloaded it from that link and that's the version I have. It seems to be an old version though because I don't seem to have the new features.
Your browser must be cacheing the long URL for the short URL, try to download the file again with another browser or computer. The new version is beta 1 and says so in the about screen.
Hey man, bom trabalho Smile I found two bugs: the dark theme doesn't check the user settings for date format and you can lock your calculator using no code, leaving you in a bad situation (which you can solve using the restart button). Apart from that, it's a really nice tool which is going to be a must and will replace the multiple add-ins I already used from you Smile

P.S.:
Como começaste a programar na calculadora? Que tutoriais seguiste? Queria mesmo começar a fazer o mesmo mas não tenho ponto de partida. Qualquer resposta é bem-vinda Smile
I realize that you are busy so I am posting this as a suggestion. Could you implement a todo list?
r4ph43110w wrote:
Hey man, bom trabalho Smile I found two bugs: the dark theme doesn't check the user settings for date format and you can lock your calculator using no code, leaving you in a bad situation (which you can solve using the restart button). Apart from that, it's a really nice tool which is going to be a must and will replace the multiple add-ins I already used from you Smile

P.S.:
Como começaste a programar na calculadora? Que tutoriais seguiste? Queria mesmo começar a fazer o mesmo mas não tenho ponto de partida. Qualquer resposta é bem-vinda Smile

I'm without internet at home, so that explains why I haven't been online recently. Hopefully the situation should be solved soon, and I'll be able to upload the recent changes to the Utilities add-in.
From the last uploaded version to now, I have fixed lots of bugs, including the two r4ph reported (I experienced the lock without password one myself while installing the add-in on a friend's calculator).
I have added event editing, copying and moving. Event text input is even better, to the point I'd say is almost perfect.
Events are now colored according to their category. I found out how the MBstring2 syscalls work (BTW: Simon's docs are wrong for these syscalls).
And because I found out lots of people don't want the calculator lock function, I have developed a system to disable it (involves typing some commands into a command-line like thing, and after that, lock is gone).

If I learn to copy code to the IL memory or some other of the RAM that isn't changed by the OS, then expect to have a clock on the statusbar on most programs for the next release. I plan to do this with system timers, which I learned today how to work with. User timers are cleared when you switch add-ins, but system timers like no. 3 are not. The problem is getting the timer handle to survive out of the add-in.

A todo list is on the todo list Smile

r4ph: I'm going to reply in English so everyone understands (including you, I hope). I started developing for the Prizm while learning C, but I already had a great background of writing code in other languages. I basically downloaded the unofficial SDK from Cemetech, looked at the examples and started working with it. I don't remember following any tutorials, but a great deal of my code is copied from other open-source Prizm add-ins which I then modified to my needs. At this point, I'd say 65% of the code on this add-in is original code. Tell me if you need any help, feel free to contact me through email (the address is on my add-ins).
gbl08ma wrote:

If I learn to copy code to the IL memory or some other of the RAM that isn't changed by the OS, then expect to have a clock on the statusbar on most programs for the next release. I plan to do this with system timers, which I learned today how to work with. User timers are cleared when you switch add-ins, but system timers like no. 3 are not. The problem is getting the timer handle to survive out of the add-in.

Are you saying the clock will be in the status bar even when you leave the addin and go into another?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours