Search for their sizes, and how much power it can deliver. If it can deliver enough power for your laptop and it fits inside, you can get the 8800mAh battery to increase the battery life. But if you always use it when it's plugged in, the 4400mAh battery should be more than suffient.
Sarah wrote:
That looks fine to me. And Merth, you are far, far from dumb, of course. 8800 will give you a little bit less than double 4400.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, I've always heard that it's better to occasionally drain it all the way down to zero and then charge it all the way back up, if for no other reason than to help the battery's governing circuits know accurately at what point the battery is truly depleted. The stored "empty" level can get out of sync with the actual level at which the battery is depleted, to my understanding.

For lithium-ion batteries that is actually really bad for them. In fact, draining a li-ion battery to actual 0% will brick the battery (reported 0% is a lie to prevent you from hitting actual 0%) - as in, completely dead, no more charging.

tifreak8x wrote:
If you run with a battery in and it plugged in all the time, that will kill a battery as well.

Completely false. Using it with the battery in and it plugged in is perfectly fine, if not the best way to maximize battery. The laptop will draw power from the wall, and the battery will be as unused as possible with the fewest charge cycles as possible. The controller will not overcharge the battery (in fact it will typically let it drain to ~95% or a bit lower before charging back up to 100%)

Quote:
Uh, somewhere around 1~2 years. Not exactly sure. Is there somewhere I could check the activation date for the computer? Cause this is the original battery for it. I usually run with the computer plugged in, first time I had an issue like this.

2 year old laptop? Your battery is almost certainly fine, don't waste your money buying a new one. Just charge it up and see what happens. My bet would be it was reporting 80% incorrectly and the actual battery level was simply much lower.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours