Make it like this:

Where the center line represents the transition from front to back of the paper. The long edge of the bookmark (in my mind) is along the short side of the printed sheet.

Maybe scale it up a bit if you want to.
Ah, so you're mean make them half-height (measuring the height as if they were put into a book), and double-sided? So you'd get two bookmarks out of the same paper area? That seems like a reasonable size to me; I'd just have to figure out the alignment. I might make it even slightly wider, like 1.7" or so. And I'm considering punching a hole in each one to put a little string through, as bookmarks often have, even though that sounds like a lot of effort.
Exactly Smile Assuming you can get the alignment worked out.
elfprince13 wrote:
Exactly Smile Assuming you can get the alignment worked out.
Fair enough; I shall try that out and see how it looks. I tore one of the 8.5"x1.5" bookmarks in half, and my gut reaction is that it is too short (4.25"), but I'm willing to experiment anyway.
Woo hoo, I will be attending this weekend! I can't wait. Calculators, Kerm, gyros, etc. It will be so exciting Smile
Any updates on the bookmarking experiments? Any conclusions about dimensions and double vs single sidedness?
elfprince13 wrote:
Any updates on the bookmarking experiments? Any conclusions about dimensions and double vs single sidedness?
I tried out the half-height bookmarks, and I must say that I was disappointed. I ended up making them full-height; I printed 100 pages (that's 700 bookmarks) thus far. Cutting them out is turning out to be a real chore. I have a paper cutter at my disposal, but cover stock is thick enough that I can only cut 4 pages at a time, and it takes 8 cuts to cut out each stack of 4 sheets of 7 bookmarks (0.25 cuts per bookmark).
sounds like something to do while rocking a movie or stargate episode on the projector.
Hehe, the picture of you on the OP is now misleading as it lacks details that your avatar has Razz

Side-question: Did you use scouter to film the event?
Elfprince: Yeah, that's the plan. Smile

AHelper: Hehe, it lacks the facial hair, specifically. Maker Faire is not until this weekend, but no, I sadly will not be wearing Scouter.

Everyone: I am working hard with a utility knife, foam-core, wire, pens, and pencils to get my display ready, and I shall post pictures soon. The object of the game is to display everything in an easy-to-understand format while also making it non-trivial to walk off with a calculator.

Edit: First look at six completed displays; all I need is a tablecloth, more bookmarks, and a tall informational display now!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours