Mark Hadley wrote:

A few months ago, Mark Hadley (AgentParsec) created a game unlike anything done before. Slender: The Eight Pages is a short, experimental horror game in which you must travel through a dark woods at night with one simple goal; find all eight pages. As you search, you are being stalked by an entity that grows more persistent and relentless as each page is collected - an entity that you cannot even look at for long, let alone fight. Your only hope is to collect all eight pages before it catches you.

Mark Hadley’s next installment The Arrival is even more terrifying than his original creation.
With more levels, improved visuals, and an engaging storyline, the commercial release takes Slender to all new heights. The game is planned for a launch on PC and is being jointly developed by ParsecProductions and Blue Isle Studios.

http://www.slenderarrival.com/

JESUS CHRIST GET IN THE F*CKING CAR

I'm a fan of the Slenderman Mythos so I will play the shit out of this game.
I'm definitely interested in this!

One of the guys in my band, Tom, does a great Slenderman impersonation. Last week when we were on the road, a few times on different nights if we were walking around, he'd disappear, and then we'd spot him in the distance just standing, giving us a horrifyingly dead looking gaze. If we all happened to take our eyes off him even for a few seconds, the next time we looked, he'd be a few metres closer. He did it great, kept a straight face and everything!

We recorded one of our "encounters" with Tom doing a Slenderman, it was pretty creepy. Here is a screenshot from the footage, you can just see him creeping on us haha Smile

I played through Slender: The Eight Pages and absolutely loved it. It's not scarier than Amnesia by any stretch, but it was quite good, and I love the Slender Man mythos. The Arrival looks great, I can't wait to try it.

James - That's super creepy, you should post the video. You should also be careful! Maybe your friend is Slender.
merthsoft wrote:
I played through Slender: The Eight Pages and absolutely loved it. It's not scarier than Amnesia by any stretch, but it was quite good, and I love the Slender Man mythos. The Arrival looks great, I can't wait to try it.

James - That's super creepy, you should post the video. You should also be careful! Maybe your friend is Slender.

I'm kinda sorta too scared to play the first slender ;_;

I'll play this one though.
The first Slender isn't even "jump out of your seat" scary.
comicIDIOT wrote:

There's a difference between being surprised, and being scared.
merthsoft wrote:

Yeah once we put together our tour video I'll be sure to post a link, it will no doubt have a few Tom / Slender clips in it.

It was creepy, even though we knew it was him, he did it pretty well. One night he did it in this parkland that we were walking through, and it was full of trees and bushes, so sometimes we didn't know where he was for minutes at a time, and then suddenly we'd spot him nearby, just staring us down haha! Fun times Smile
Sarah wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I was never that surprised. He was always far away and it was just like "Is that him? Oh, it is. Okay." I've probably played, watched and witnessed many surprising things to not be phased by the frame glitches and sounds that run when he get's close.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sarah wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I was never that surprised. He was always far away and it was just like "Is that him? Oh, it is. Okay." I've probably played, watched and witnessed many surprising things to not be phased by the frame glitches and sounds that run when he get's close.
It's more of an ambiance thing and letting yourself get in to it. That being said, it was more just creepy than scary. If you want a real scary game, play Amnesia. That game made me scream and slam my computer shut, so, there's that.

And I'm no baby or anything.

I swear...
I got that game in a Humble Bundle. I'll have to sit down and try it one day. I buy those just to have the games more than anything else Neutral I've been buying them for the FLAC soundtracks now as well...
merthsoft wrote:
It's more of an ambiance thing and letting yourself get in to it. That being said, it was more just creepy than scary. If you want a real scary game, play Amnesia. That game made me scream and slam my computer shut, so, there's that.

And I'm no baby or anything.

I swear...

I've never personally played Amnesia, but my brother used to play it. Funniest thing was that he wore headphones when playing it, so if you came up and behind him and he didn't realise you were there, he nearly jumped out of his seat if he suddenly became aware of your presence lol Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours