Unfortunately I no longer work at the shop with the laser cutter! I might be able to work something out, but I make no guarantees. What did you guys have in mind?
Can't you make a reprap or something similar to do it with?
I'm not sure what you're saying there. Could you please elaborate?
chronomex wrote:
I'm not sure what you're saying there. Could you please elaborate?
I think he's suggesting that if you have access to a DIY 3D printer, you could put a cutting/etching laser on the gantry instead of an extruder and use that for etching.
Ah. It's much, much simpler to use a robot that was designed for lasering. Anyway, the only repraps I have access to live at the shop where the laser also lives.

I can totally laser-engrave cases for the forseeable future. I haven't done a cost workup, however, so I might have to change the price. That's what I was saying I can't guarantee. I should have been more clear, my mistake.

tl;dr: offer still stands, prices may change.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours