Well, I got AXE for my Calc, and wanted to learn how to use it for basic programs. I've looked at the tuts on omnimaga, but couldn't find anything about the basics, such as input, output, displaying to screen, using variables and so on. Are there any other good resources for learning the basics of AXE?

Post them in this thread for everyone.
Thanks in advance.
Last time I checked, there is some kind of tutorial in the Axe zip file and an HTML document that details the syntax and usage of each command. I suggest you check there first.
In my opinion, the best way to learn the basics of Axe is to read the Documentation.pdf file included in the Axe download. It's a little old and doesn't cover some newer or more advanced features, but for learning the basic syntax and commands of the language, it's great. It's where I learned the basics of Axe.

Alternatively, the most comprehensive user-made Axe tutorial that I know of is by kindermoumoute; you can find it here. It is in French, which is great if you know it. If not you can put it through a translator, although unfortunately the translation will probably be a little rough and confusing at times.

Also, as souvik suggested, the included Commands.html file is useful as well. It lists every command and the basics of what it does and its arguments and it's a good resource to learn all of the commands after you've learned the language basics.
And if you need help about programming in Axe, I believe that most of Axe programmers are on Omnimaga. Cemetech is more about ASM, basic and hardware stuff (or maybe I got something wrong). But don't worry, there is nothing wrong in programming in Axe on Cemetech or making hardware stuff on Omnimaga ^^
Hayleia wrote:
And if you need help about programming in Axe, I believe that most of Axe programmers are on Omnimaga. Cemetech is more about ASM, basic and hardware stuff (or maybe I got something wrong). But don't worry, there is nothing wrong in programming in Axe on Cemetech or making hardware stuff on Omnimaga ^^
As far as people, yes, but I think he was asking for specific written tutorials. Many thanks to Runer and Souvik for their contributions to that end.
KermMartian wrote:
Hayleia wrote:
As far as people, yes, but I think he was asking for specific written tutorials. Many thanks to Runer and Souvik for their contributions to that end.

To be more precise, he was asking for basic stuffs tutorials, which means that he is a beginner in Axe. I foresaw he was going to need more specific help when he starts experimenting programs. And effectively, he went on Omni asking for specific help about lists in Axe, and got an answer in less than 30 minutes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours