Can I use bcalls _ClrLCDFull and _PutS inside a custom interrupt routine? If not, what alternatives do I have. Thanks.
Yes, you should be able to do this with no negative side effects. Try not to use the key routines (like GetKey) as those rely on the OS interrupt to get the scancode.
As far as knowing which BCALLs rely on the interrupts (or screw with them), you just have to ask (or disassemble the OS and see).
I've always been under the impression that some bcalls may arbitrary enable interrupts and/or change interrupt settings, so I've gone by the rule of thumb that bcalls inside interrupts are bad. Not to mention that they're slow, and interrupts should be fast.
All I'm trying to do is a prank. Disable interrupts. Design a custom interrupt that will cycle through randomly clearing the screen and showing random garbage on the screen, then hand over control to the OS interrupt, disabled by pressing ENTER.
ACagliano wrote:
All I'm trying to do is a prank. Disable interrupts. Design a custom interrupt that will cycle through randomly clearing the screen and showing random garbage on the screen, then hand over control to the OS interrupt, disabled by pressing ENTER.
Can you explain why this needs to be an interrupt instead of a simple program?
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
Can you explain why this needs to be an interrupt instead of a simple program?

Because it's harder to uninstall an interrupt. If this stuff happens, and then I look in the 2nd->mem menu and see a new program...
You still need a program to install the interrupt in the first place; your argument is invalid.
Silent link would work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours