» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Note: After this topic was first started, we did indeed create a Minecraft server. You can visit it at mc.cemetech.net.

As many of you may know, I usually play on the Evocatus/Yogiverse PvP server. Fewer of you may know that Cemetech has its own Minecraft server, currently hosting archives of my past cities, machines, and builds on a powerful, 4-core, 16GB dedicated server (at least for now). Found at mc.cemetech.net, the server is currently whitelisted, as I haven't bothered to worldguard my extensive creations. Would there be interest in an official Cemetech minecraft server, along with enough players and moderators to maintain it? Would it be plausible that it would bring more people, including good programmers, to our noble ranks? If so, what sort of game mode? Creative? Survival without PvP? Anything-goes PvP with Towny? Keep in mind that I personally love towns, redstone machines, and railroads. I'm open to the idea of Tekkit/Railcraft/Redpower/etc, but I also understand the value of servers that don't require anything besides a vanilla client. I'm also aware of the "powerful" upcoming Plugins API. Please post your thoughts.
As one who doesn't play Minecraft (but has played some in the past), I think a creative server would best fit the general theme of Cemetech, and is most interesting to me personally. Survival (no PvP) could be interesting as well; I don't think PvP is a fitting option, and survival could make the creative part of the endeavor more interesting.
I don't know how survival and creative would work together. I would say a creative server (redpower2 Very Happy ) would be a good option. If there was a way to get both survival PvP and creative working together (you have to find a way to swap inventories so you can't get inf. blocks, and probably have two worlds), then I would also say yes to that as the better option.
I personally love minecraft, and currently am playing SSP with my custom mod combo (similiar to tekkit). If you'll run tekkit 16 GB will be enough for about 10 or less people.

As for the gamemode im allways for non PVP survival.

The plugins- i had my own vanilla server on patch 1.7 for me and my friends so i know a lot about many plugins, but as i stopped playing vanilla after 1.7 i dont know much about the new features that were added.

If you want i can suggest you a few client mods as well as plugins.
jammasterz wrote:
I personally love minecraft, and currently am playing SSP with my custom mod combo (similiar to tekkit). If you'll run tekkit 16 GB will be enough for about 10 or less people.

The plugins- i had my own vanilla server on patch 1.7 for me and my friends so i know a lot about many plugins, but as i stopped playing vanilla after 1.7 i dont know much about the new features that were added.

I'm sorry what? 16gb should (will) hold more than 10 people. I can hold 10-15 at a time on 2gb with bukkit. Sure tekkit will use more, but I don't think its that much...

Also for the cemetech server, I would go with redpower (whichever is updated), creative ( not superflat!), MinecartMania Reborn ( I used to run the original minecart mania, and it added some cool farms, would be useful also for your rails Kerm) and whatever else you seem fit to run. The only downside to redpower is that it requires a modded client, but I'm pretty sure most people should know how to add mods, or at least magiclauncher and google. Also I think Tari is right with that creative would fit better with the theme of cemetech.

Edit: As always I run a near-vanilla survival server, with no (open/world) PvP and a few other rules for people looking for a very vanilla experience. More Info is in my signature.
If we do have our own server, should we mirror the existing town in peva?
rcfreak0 wrote:
jammasterz wrote:

I'm sorry what? 16gb should (will) hold more than 10 people. I can hold 10-15 at a time on 2gb with bukkit. Sure tekkit will use more, but I don't think its that much...

Also for the cemetech server, I would go with redpower (whichever is updated), creative ( not superflat!), MinecartMania Reborn ( I used to run the original minecart mania, and it added some cool farms, would be useful also for your rails Kerm) and whatever else you seem fit to run. The only downside to redpower is that it requires a modded client, but I'm pretty sure most people should know how to add mods, or at least magiclauncher and google. Also I think Tari is right with that creative would fit better with the theme of cemetech.

There is an awesome tool called MultiMC that allows you to:
1. Have multipla instances of minecraft, with totally diffrent mods, versions and saves.
2. Allows you to install and remove mods with simple drag and drop( yes even the .jar ones)
3. Catches errors(minecraft uses to crash even when its displaing a crash report Very Happy so when it happens there is no chance of getting the error log. This is fixed with MultiMC).

And about the Minecraft mania- never heard of it. I'd recommend you to check out Railcraft, that is a huge mod that adds redstone communication system, connecting carts, lots of tracks, basically completely redesigning the rails.

It works really well with Buildcraft(I dont quite like this mod because of its design but it adds a lot of useful things) and Forestry that comes with automated farms and bees Smile All these 3 mods work together and are completely compatible.

And of course Industrialcraft
I've never heard of MultiMC but I run a Bukkit & Tekkit copy of minecraft and all I did was change the port on the Tekkit version. Best of all, nothing interferes.

I went to Tekkit and will not be coming back. It's just too much awesome. It'd probably be better in creative but then you'd loose what Tekkit is about. I'm starting to dabble in the Industrial Craft side of Tekkit after exploring much of the Equivalent Exchange side; Dark Matter armor is the thing!

AHelper wrote:
I don't know how survival and creative would work together. I would say a creative server (redpower2 Very Happy ) would be a good option. If there was a way to get both survival PvP and creative working together (you have to find a way to swap inventories so you can't get inf. blocks, and probably have two worlds), then I would also say yes to that as the better option.

It doesn't. I ran a creative & survival server with two worlds and separate inventories but a user found out that ender chests do not abide by that rule and was able to get stacks of blocks from the creative world into the survival world. So, unless you can prevent certain blocks from being made/placed, this would work.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I've never heard of MultiMC but I run a Bukkit & Tekkit copy of minecraft and all I did was change the port on the Tekkit version. Best of all, nothing interferes.

I went to Tekkit and will not be coming back. It's just too much awesome. It'd probably be better in creative but then you'd loose what Tekkit is about. I'm starting to dabble in the Industrial Craft side of Tekkit after exploring much of the Equivalent Exchange side; Dark Matter armor is the thing!

AHelper wrote:

It doesn't. I ran a creative & survival server with two worlds and separate inventories but a user found out that ender chests do not abide by that rule and was able to get stacks of blocks from the creative world into the survival world. So, unless you can prevent certain blocks from being made/placed, this would work.

Theres a bukkit plugin called EnderChestBlock that you can set per world which it will work in, so you can disable it in a creative world. Also Magic Launcher seems quite easier to use than multi-mc, but thats personal preference and off topic.
For the Cemetech server a bukkit server with just a creative world (NOT FLATLAND) would be nice. Run the "Essentials" plugin and worldedit maybe PEX for ranks but nothing else, no client mods, no tekkit, pure vanilla for the server! Maybe a little TMI and Zombe mod wouldn't hurt for the client Smile
TMI is beeing the worst clinet mod atm. NEI is the best one, compatible with everything
lol i don't use THAT many mods Laughing All i use is Zombe, TMI, NBXlite, NoBedrockFog and NoHunger
comicIDIOT wrote:

I love all of the mods used in tekkit, though you definitely want to get started on the IC2 stuff as soon as possible, especially the macerator(double your ore outputs, anyone?)

And Kerm, I'd be up for playing in a creative server Wink
No, not tekkit! because then i won't be able to play because tekkit wont run on my computer
turiqwalrus wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I love all of the mods used in tekkit, though you definitely want to get started on the IC2 stuff as soon as possible, especially the macerator(double your ore outputs, anyone?)

And Kerm, I'd be up for playing in a creative server Wink

Its macerating ores into 2 ore dust that you can smelt to get 1 smelted ore for each dust, so basically yes, it doubles it.
Im interested in joining the server because i love building redstone devices! Please add me to the whitelist
Tom wrote:
Im interested in joining the server because i love building redstone devices! Please add me to the whitelist

To be blunt, we're not psychic.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Tom wrote:

To be blunt, we're not psychic.

True, a username would help quite a bit Wink
Can you add me? JamMasterz
People still play minecraft?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours