This looks cool! I look forward to seeing how this project goes! Smile
JamesV : thanks Smile

Since I haven't a computer where I am, I carry on this project but there won't be any screenshot until the next week :/
Big, huge, enormous update ! ^^

I've done a playable demo of the game, featuring a title screen, a fully-functionnal physic engine, 4 gravities and 3 playable levels Very Happy

You'll can try it Sunday or Monday Wink
matrefeytontias wrote:
Big, huge, enormous update ! ^^

I've done a playable demo of the game, featuring a title screen, a fully-functionnal physic engine, 4 gravities and 3 playable levels Very Happy

You'll can try it Sunday or Monday Wink
Great job, and a good demonstration of the important of calculators being programmable with out computers to make them a more widely-useable programming education tool. I look forward to the screenshots and the beta uploaded to our Archives. Smile
Playable demo time ! Very Happy

I won't post any screenshots 'cos I won't resolved the levels for you ^^ (even they are really simple)

You can download it here : http://mattias.refeyton.fr/espace-ti/gravityWalls/GRAVWALL.8xp

I nearly finished the level editor, so you'll see it soon Wink
Awww, no screenshots? That's saddening. But great job on the playable demo! I look forward to giving it a try soon.
I just tried it out matref and I enjoyed it, good work! Smile This has potential to be an addictive game when it's finished!
Update !

Now Gravity Walls v0.5 is fully working ! Download it here : http://mattias.refeyton.fr/espace-ti/gravityWalls/gravityWalls0.5.zip

Includes the game Gravity Walls with the level editor (compiled in Noshell), a five levels pack and a readme Smile

Share your comments !

That looks like tons of fun! Thanks for giving us some great gameplay screenies. By the way, are you aware that with Doors CS's HomeRun feature, you don't need to type the Asm( token on the homescreen?
I know it, but like I said in the readme, I have to be sure that the program is in RAM, so I use Asm() 'cos the command throw an error if the program is archived Smile
Nice! I also see that the appvar is 1936 bytes, what are you storing in there?/are you using any compression techniques? Shock
matrefeytontias wrote:
I know it, but like I said in the readme, I have to be sure that the program is in RAM, so I use Asm() 'cos the command throw an error if the program is archived Smile
Not if you're using Doors CS. Smile It can run programs directly from both Archive and RAM with no Asm() needed. Perhaps the fact that you also have NoShell and/or MirageOS is interfering with Doors CS, or you have the HomeRun hook disabled?
@parserp a level pack contains 1920 bytes (plus VAT datas) which are five levels of 384 bytes (even if only one level has been created), but I don't use any compression.

@KermMartian : I think you misunderstood : GRAVWALL and GWTILMAP must be ran from RAM. That's why I use Asm(), because if the user tries to run them from ARC, it won't work. But if DoorsCS is used, the programs will run even if they are in archive, and it's a bad thing.
Ah ok. I was under the impression that the 1920 bytes was the data for just 1 level. Razz
matrefeytontias wrote:
@parserp a level pack contains 1920 bytes (plus VAT datas) which are five levels of 384 bytes (even if only one level has been created), but I don't use any compression.

@KermMartian : I think you misunderstood : GRAVWALL and GWTILMAP must be ran from RAM. That's why I use Asm(), because if the user tries to run them from ARC, it won't work. But if DoorsCS is used, the programs will run even if they are in archive, and it's a bad thing.

How is running from archive a bad thing? If your calculator crashes, it will still be there. The only caveat to running from archive that I can think of is that the Flash chip has a limited number of read/write cycles, but that number is so high it's almost impossible to reach.
That's not it ; programs don't access to appvars (for read or write) the same way if they are in ARC, and my code only works if the programs are in RAM (I tested it).
Update !

Now you can play levels from archived appvars Smile

I also added spikes !

Same download link as before Wink
matrefeytontias wrote:
That's not it ; programs don't access to appvars (for read or write) the same way if they are in ARC, and my code only works if the programs are in RAM (I tested it).

A program never runs from the archive. The shell always automatically copies it to RAM or unarchives it before executing it. The shell you use is MirageOS. Well it has a "Allow Writeback" option, which means that the program was copied somewhere else before the execution.
Your problem was probably due to the use of Fusion, which is still in early beta stage.
Ah, maybe yeah.

Well, I'm currently working on the level loader : it'll search through VAT for level packs (which will have a header) instead of you typing the name with "input" command. It's a good thing because "input" is bugged with Axe =/
I noticed you released this on ticalc.org as well, which is excellent. Don't forget to put it in the Cemetech archives ASAP! Smile And please ask us if you have any questions about getting your program to browse the VAT, as we have plenty of accomplished ASM coders around.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours