As a note, guys, if you haven't already started the training, you should know that you can only get the emulator now, as they're out of the Prizm calculators. I still very strongly encourage you to do the training to learn more about the Prizm and be able to use the emulator, however.
How long are they gonna give out emulators?
Forever Smile
@Kerm: I was about to say that. I couldn't be sadder, and I cannot get a Prizm.
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
How long are they gonna give out emulators?
I like Catherine's optimistic answer, but I suspect that they'll only have it for a few more months. Wink
In fact, I am crushed. I will not continue the program.
Looks like I should have settled down and gotten the course done more quickly!

Email from Casio wrote:
I'd like to take a moment to thank you for participating in our Online Course. For the past several months, we have had a great deal of interest and have enjoyed all the participants. While our course is still thriving and will continue to operate, we have exhausted our supply of fx-CG10 Prizm calculators. Our software continues to be available and we will continue to distribute that to finishers as long as we can.
_player1537 wrote:
Quote:
Greetings!

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for participating in our Online Course. For the past several months, we have had a great deal of interest and have enjoyed all the participants. While our course is still thriving and will continue to operate, we have exhausted our supply of fx-CG10 Prizm calculators. Our software continues to be available and we will continue to distribute that to finishers as long as we can.

Please continue to spread the word about our program and let us know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards,
Nathan

They're out of Prizms! Sad And I was going to finish the last assessment tonight, too :/ Oh well, I learned quite a bit about that calculator; enough that I can actually use it in class now.

Same. Did anyone choose to get the full version? Is it a one-install thing?
Elfprince: Nice job being the third person to post that in this thread. Wink You should indeed have settled down!
Caleb: I'm sorry to hear that you're crushed.
AHelper: I think Ashbad (?) was thinking of getting the emulator, he might know.
Ok. Just wondering if it will install and run under wine as the trial makes itself expire right away.
KermMartian wrote:
Elfprince: Nice job being the third person to post that in this thread. Wink You should indeed have settled down!
Caleb: I'm sorry to hear that you're crushed.
AHelper: I think Ashbad (?) was thinking of getting the emulator, he might know.

Oops, guess I should have looked back a page!
AHelper wrote:
Ok. Just wondering if it will install and run under wine as the trial makes itself expire right away.
I guess it fails to set some registry entries that tell it that it's not expired? I'll be interested to know what you discover if you do indeed follow through and get the emulator.
i think they are offering prizms again to usa residents

they updated their page:

Upcoming Special Offer Period
2012 Back-to-School Promotion:July 15th through September 15th, 2012

http://www.casioeducation.com/educators/online_training

edited: only to educators
Indeed, I saw that update, plus the limitation that it can only be taken by teachers rather than both students and teachers. Although if you're a teacher and still don't have a Prizm for math and/or programming, I strongly encourage you to apply!
Seems like they're alternating between different free-calculator promotions. I guess they really want to get these Prizms and ClassPads out there in schools.
That's strange, I notified them that I was a Student, and they Still are letting me do the course, I imagine that if you let them know you're a student and ask permission that they would let anyone do it, and give them the emulator for PC at the end; maybe I just "slipped" through a crack though i'm not sure
The_Coded wrote:
That's strange, I notified them that I was a Student, and they Still are letting me do the course, I imagine that if you let them know you're a student and ask permission that they would let anyone do it, and give them the emulator for PC at the end; maybe I just "slipped" through a crack though i'm not sure
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that only teachers are allowed to get a free Prizm at the end of the course, but that both students and teachers can take the course for the free emulator option.
Well that would make sense, I already bought a prizm, and the emulator It seems kinda useful, however I wonder if I Can test programs on it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours