I just got my prizm today for $99 which is what the TI-84+SE Was so I guess I got a nice deal. I know there is a section on prizm SDK and things, but can someone point me in the correct directness to it? As in where should I start first?

Thanks in advance.
Wiki wiki wiki.
Tari wrote:
Yup, I'd recommend that that be your first stop if you want to do C programming on the Prizm. As you may have read in some of the other threads, we don't yet have a Lua interpreter for the Prizm, but if you want to start learning the language in general, we should have one soon.
I'm learning Lua on my iPad through "Coders" it has interpreter AND drawing functions fir animations and games
Here's the error I get!

makefile:20: warning: overriding commands for target '.My'
makefile:17: warning: ignoring old commands for target '.My'
make: Circular .My <- .My dependency dropped.
make: *** No rule to make target 'My', needed by 'project(test).bin stop.
The_Coded wrote:
I'm learning Lua on my iPad through "Coders" it has interpreter AND drawing functions fir animations and games

Nice idea for experience's and learning's sakes, but heads up, there's no Lua support on the prizm yet -- because there are no interpreters compiled for it (yet).

The_Coded wrote:
Here's the error I get!

makefile:20: warning: overriding commands for target '.My'
makefile:17: warning: ignoring old commands for target '.My'
make: Circular .My <- .My dependency dropped.
make: *** No rule to make target 'My', needed by 'project(test).bin stop.

Would you mind pastebinning your Makefile, and your code as well?
Pastebinning? I'm not sure how to do that, you mean add it as an attachment?
The_Coded wrote:
Pastebinning? I'm not sure how to do that, you mean add it as an attachment?

Copy both the code, and the makefile's contents here (one at a time) and give us the links to the pastes it creates. Wink

(EDIT: rafb.me is superior, changed link)
[/url] http://www.rafb.me/results/cdRb2m53.html

URL: http://www.rafb.me/results/nZ0uCc79.html

URL: http://www.rafb.me/results/GRnouV42.html

I'm pretty sure I didn't do something right in the code, probably didn't remove the things I should but I didn't want to do anything the tut didn't advise me to do
link one, corrected:

Code:
#include <display.h>
#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard_syscals.h>
#include <keyboard.hpp>
#include <color.h>

int main()
{

PrintXY(0,1,"  Hello World!", TEXT_MODE_NORMAL, TEXT_COLOR_RED);

int key; // you always need semicolons
  while(1) GetKey(&key); // Loop forever
  return 0;
}

Link two:

Code:
BIN=$(OUTDIR)My_Project(Test).bin  #don't use spaces in names in the makefile, unless you put it in quotes

So, either add quotes around the "My_Project(Test).bin" part, or add an underscore.
Thanks, I can't believe I forgot the underscore and semicolons. even in BASIC the underscore rule applies..-_- it's still saying there's no rule to make the file though.
I just noticed on line 8:

Code:
CSOURCES=My Project(Test).c

Didn't see it the first time around. You'll have to fix that the same way as you did the other one.
Thanks, I edited that and another one I found without the _ but now it says no rule to make 'my_project(test).o'
Would it be an unacceptable hardship to call everything "myproj_test.*" instead of the dual challenges of parsing spaces and parentheses? I suspect that will greatly reduce the number of issues you need to wrestle with.
that's fair, I was just following the tutorial, and named it Hello_World.c..alright so to break it down..do I name the file myproj_test.* or .c..and then change all the make file names to said project name?
The_Coded wrote:
that's fair, I was just following the tutorial, and named it Hello_World.c..alright so to break it down..do I name the file myproj_test.* or .c..and then change all the make file names to said project name?
* is a wildcard, which means it matches anything. When I say that, it's shorthand for "change all of the files to things like myproj_test.c, myproj_test.bin, etc".
Ashbad wrote:
link one, corrected:

Code:
#include <display.h>
#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard_syscals.h>
#include <keyboard.hpp>
#include <color.h>

int main()
{

PrintXY(0,1,"  Hello World!", TEXT_MODE_NORMAL, TEXT_COLOR_RED);

int key; // you always need semicolons
  while(1) GetKey(&key); // Loop forever
  return 0;
}

That should be

Code:
PrintXY(1,1,"  Hello World!", TEXT_MODE_NORMAL, TEXT_COLOR_RED);
Origin is 1,1.
This is a tiny nitpick, but I would usually write that as:
Code:
PrintXY(1,1,"XXHello World!", TEXT_MODE_NORMAL, TEXT_COLOR_RED);
Because of an unknown features of PrintXY(), the first two characters of any string are ignored, so you need to add two junk characters before anything you display. I use "XX" instead of " " because they're more obvious when glancing through the code.
It's still not working
The_Coded wrote:
It's still not working
Please oh please be more specific than that. Smile I understand you're probably frustrated with the process, but we can help you most easily if we know exactly what's not working.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours