I can't get my test program to compile into the .3ga file and the .bat files aren't recognized by my PC.
The_Coded wrote:
I can't get my test program to compile into the .3ga file
.g3a actually, to be pedantic. You need to give us more details, such as what you tried, the steps you took, and what exactly happened.
Quote:
and the .bat files aren't recognized by my PC.
What OS are you running? Windows, Mac OS, Linux? Which version?
Windows 7. And I was working on the "hello" tutorial, following it step by step using SDK but whenever I try to do something it's a 1/3 chance it reads my changes and saves, and i can't seem to either understand making it, or the exact phrasing I input from the tutorial doesn't work.
The_Coded wrote:
Windows 7. And I was working on the "hello" tutorial, following it step by step using SDK but whenever I try to do something it's a 1/3 chance it reads my changes and saves, and i can't seem to either understand making it, or the exact phrasing I input from the tutorial doesn't work.
Err. So what editor are you using? Notepad++, Notepad, something else? And when you double-click the .bat files, it gives you an error message, or nothing at all happens? Are you at least able to open a command prompt? Note that you can copy-and-paste from the command prompt to here by going to the command window, right-clicking and choosing Mark, left-click-and-hold while dragging out a rectangle, release, and right click and release to copy.
The .bat file says something like "no file command path" or something, I edit in notepad, and followed the tut to the letter but it just keeps closing out and won't compile. I'll post the exact error in the morning.
The_Coded wrote:
The .bat file says something like "no file command path" or something, I edit in notepad, and followed the tut to the letter but it just keeps closing out and won't compile. I'll post the exact error in the morning.
I know that on Windows XP and/or Vista there were certain viruses that would break the ability to run shell scripts, instead making them produce an error about the 16-bit subsystem. I don't know of anything like this on Windows 7, though. I look forward to the exact error message tomorrow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours